• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Short ultrarunner doc

Nice job

The only thing I didn't like was the blurry thing on the left side of the screen :weird: during the interior interview scenes with Charles. Depth of field is good but that out of focus thing draws my attention more than Charles during those segments.
Nice flow to the whole doc. Overall I really enjoyed it!
For what it is worth

That's interesting because I'm the opposite - my eye is drawn to his face because it's the brightest, sharpest thing in the shot. You're not the only one who's commented on that though, so it's clearly a matter of finding the right balance next time. It's been a while since I shot that, I forget exactly but I think it was f/2 on an 85mm lens, I'm finding f/4-5.6 to be a better range for interviews lately.

Glad you enjoyed it.

I liked it. Charles was a good subject, I think. The flow was good. I didnt feel it drag. And poor Charles, If your body ceases to function, you didnt quit.

Thanks! Yeah, these guys are pretty intense and big part of it seems to be about pushing beyond the point where your body is threatening to cease to function. At one point one of Charlie's friends was stopping every lap to throw up before continuing. The top runner (Charles was 8th I believe) in the race did 140 miles and apparently stopped eating/drinking anything the last few hours because he was afraid his body would reject it and he'd get too sick to continue. It's a pretty crazy world, at least from the outside :)

Back