• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Support Indie Film!

Hello!

We are a small group of Indie filmmakers from Orlando FL trying to finish our first feature film. A microbudget project shot on the Canon 7D, the movie has been grassroots funded from day 1 - we believe in film for the people, by the people!

"The Miseducation of Simon Kraus" follows the story of Simon, a recently graduated artist who is forced to move back to his hometown of Melbourne, Florida to find work. Simon's adjustment to life in the sleepy beach town is difficult, and so he decides to apply for an apprenticeship with one of the world's most famous up-and-coming artists, Chen Lusheng. As Simon delves into his past by reuniting with old high school friends, he kindles a relationship with a beautiful young designer named Katrina. Before long, Simon is introduced to a local drug supplier named "Taliban" Mike, a mysterious man who fancies himself an art photographer. Before long, Mike takes a special interest in Simon's art, and commissions him to paint a portrait of his ex-girlfriend. When Simon discovers that the subject of his newest painting happens to be Katrina, his situation goes from desperate to worse. Simon clings to the prospect of the apprenticeship in Beijing as his only salvation, hoping to leave town before "Taliban" Mike discovers the truth.

Please take a moment to check out our page, and spread the word to your friends. We have just 30 days to raise $3,500 in order to finish post-production on the film. Check it out:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/591557385/the-miseducation-of-simon-kraus-a-feature-film-mad

Damn dude, that trailer looks really impressive.

I would pledge for you, but i don't really know you...but i really hope you get the money you need, because that looks really well shot, especially for a micro-budget feature.

Good luck!

Excellent trailer. I wish you the best!

Just ribbing you a little, do please don’t take offense:

You don’t really mean you “believe in film for the people, by the
people”. You believe in people you don’t know donating money so
you can make a film. But I love the line!

I’m always curious about this method of funding - I have followed
a lot of them. I think Nick said what most people feel. Your
fellow filmmakers who don’t know you aren’t likely to donate. I
suspect anyone who doesn’t know you is unlikely to donate.

Have you found that’s not the case? Are you getting donations from
people you don’t know?

And how many times in the past have you donated to the films of
others - specifically people you don;’t know? Film for the people
by the people!

Similarly, I don't want to be crass, but I don't understand how I'm helping support all indie film by donating to this one project. Am I not equally helping support indie film by using that money on my own indie film?

If the title of the thread has been help support AN indie film, or support THIS indie film, then I wouldn't feel like someone is trying to scam me. I am not saying they are "scamming" anyone, but I don't like the approach that helping them is helping ALL indie film because it is not.

On the up side, the trailer looks fantastic. The movie looks very well done on performances and cinematography. The story is actually very compelling from what I see in the trailer. The art of making a trailer that hooks people and gives you just enough story is the best thing about it.

I wish you luck.

I know he never came back so he never saw the posts or the
questions, but I followed the project and he reached his goal.
Actually made a little more than he needed from 50 backers.

It’s too bad this was just a drive by because it would have been
interesting to learn a little more from him. Did anyone here in
indietalk donate?

I did notice that he has not donated to any projects so I still
wonder about the “film for the people, by the people”, but will
never find the answer.

Back