• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch "Bad Reception" - a 7 day action/comedy short

My film team primarily competes in 48 hour projects, so when we did the San Francisco 7 Day Film Festival this year we decided to try something a little more elaborate with the extra time. We'd been wanting to experiment with green screen for a while and figured this was a good opportunity - just for good measure we decided we needed a fight scene too!

We picked up Audience Choice and Best Sound in the competition as well as being nominated in several other categories. Shot this on a pair of 5Ds, full tech details are on the Vimeo page.

http://vimeo.com/13661537

Any feedback is welcome.

Pretty cool. The main bad guy at the beginning was great. His toady is good too. The good guy is alright. His character seemed to pick up better once the action started. There are some parts of the fight scene that needed to be "sold" better. #1 That stuck out was at 4:09 we can see there's no way he can be hit, his blocking is a little lazy too. The fiance is almost too good. I want to punch her. :) Good choice of ringtone btw. Really like the whole car sequence. And the KnightRider screen, classic.:) Over all I really liked it.

Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed it, and I appreciate the feedback.

I definitely wish we could have used more blood in the fight scene, unfortunately we had to rush through shooting it and just didn't have time - plus we didn't have time to clean up afterwards. As for the blocking our biggest issue was that our lead actor had never done a fight scene or really any martial arts at all before this. That's sort of the nature of these timed competitions though, we had him lined up to act before we knew we were going to do a fight. It was a lot of fun though, I'm hoping to collaborate more with some of the stunt guys in the future and build a project more around them so we can concentrate on really getting it right.

Yeah, we knew we didn't have time to try and make the green screen stuff look realistic, so we figured as long as the movie got progressively more ridiculous the fake backgrounds would be appropriate. Glad you enjoyed it.

Back