• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch New Horror Movie Trailer!

I think for a cinéma vérité production, it does some things right, however, it needs major re-cutting to be considered a trailer. It's not a trailer at all--it's a scene from the movie. Plus, you want to build up a lot more suspense. I know you want to keep the natural element, but you can still do that by cutting a tight trailer...

I think the acting is pretty good, you guys are going super natural, but I think it's WAY too small for what's going on around them. You even laughed at one point and said, 'If anything happens right now *chuckle* this is going to be really ridiculous.' That was just far too 'watch this movie we're making'...both in the performance and the concept of saying it. Just one tip on the content and performance end.

The end bit was pretty bad ass. Curious how you did that. Now *that* is the good stuff. Obviously very Paranormal Activity...but that's cool, why not. I'd love to see other quality takes on cinéma vérité horror.

My wife (an actress also) and I are going to create one on our cross country trip next summer.

Good stuff.

Last edited:
Hey thanks for the tips. This is a very early clip that does not explain much about what the movie will be all about. The character chuckles because he is eager to catch something on camera and he wants the world to see it. When the full movie is complete you will have a much better understanding of what we are going for. We will have a legit trailer then as well.

P.S. The clip may seem paranormal, but that is not necessarily what the film is about.

Last edited:
Back