• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Disconnected - Sneak Peak

Very, very nice.

What a spectacular "high concept" idea.

I loved the announcer's plea "everyone stay in your homes," and CUT TO: everyone leaving home and heading to the hills...

The only thing I found a bit thin was the police officer being mobbed and overwhelmed by the angry crowd. It just didn't ring right to me, and least not in the context of the scenes before and after; seemed kind of amateurish, whereas all the rest was top-notch.

Kudos and best of luck with this. I think you've got a winner if the rest of the film lives up to the quality and tension of the trailer.

Cheers!

-Charles

Again, it was absolutely amazing, perfect camera movement, perfect cinematography, but above everything else, Rabbath has a great sense of "pace".

Ok, to be brutally honest:

This is more of a teaser-trailer than a sneak peak.

It doesn't introduce a main character or show a clip of the actual movie (or does it?) It sort of looks like the opening credits, but I'm not sure.

I love the voice actor of the beginning.

The audio for the newscaster looks about 5 frames out of sync - ahead of the audio. Sounds a bit distorted and as if it's through a TV. I'd leave that effect for the beginning (which I think works great) but when you see the newscaster in person, I would mix it as if you're hearing him in person and not via a TV speaker.

I'm a little disappointed in the lack of ambiences - the only thing I heard other than the music were happy birds. Use crows or a lonely wind.

Now, first sound design lesson of an appocalyptic/deserted world movie: Never put happy ambiences in.

If the world is deserted and all hell is breaking lose, the birds don't sing as if they are in a Folger's commercial.

Finally, the music is quite good but after about the 8th bar of it I got tired of it. Try to spice it up if it isn't a loop or if you have access to the original tracks.

But, other than that, I thought the cinematography was great. You really feel a sense of urgency with the acting - I especially like the people leaving in their cars.

I wish there was more attention placed on sound, however. Some good realism you could have gotten from the car driving through the streets, etc.

Those are my 2 cents. Take them or leave them - I don't mind.

Last edited:
Wow, cool. I'm as interested in the "making of for $20 story" as much as the film itself.

I also have a gripe about the mob scene...after the realism of the newsrooms, the mob wasn't nearly large enough or acted realistically enough for me to buy 100% (I have the same problem with the Freedom Town mob in "Scarface"). You could probably sell it to me more easily if it were cut in half...maybe cop arrives and is immediately overcome.

ROC, I keep hearing you talk about brutal honesty, but in reality, anyone can find faults on absolutely anything, its just a matter of looking for them. So the presence of birds singing was a problem for you, for me it was a great addition that created contrast.

Being honest is good, but it also means giving things a chance before you actually judge them.

Wow, cool. I'm as interested in the "making of for $20 story" as much as the film itself.

I also have a gripe about the mob scene...after the realism of the newsrooms, the mob wasn't nearly large enough or acted realistically enough for me to buy 100% (I have the same problem with the Freedom Town mob in "Scarface"). You could probably sell it to me more easily if it were cut in half...maybe cop arrives and is immediately overcome.

Thanks guys!

Also, Uranium City, its an interesting issue here - if the mob was BIGGER no one cop will handle it. We only had one cop. But since it was small/medium, it seemed more realistic, and it worked. It's just an issue that will is hard to balance.

thanks for commenting guys!

Here is the poster!

47847_615300451554_75303527_34612590_1096572_n.jpg

Back