Whiskey..All You Want...

So what sveryone's favorite drink (doesn't have to be alcoholic).

I likes me a 7&7. (is it irony that the #7 and the &sign are the same key/)
v-8 is good too.

Drinking Blackheart Rum. It costs $9 US and comes with a $10 rebate. :P Really, it just tastes like a slightly stronger Captain Morgan.

Tequila in its varied and multifaceted incarnations.

When I was in Melbourne, I spent several nights in a bar called the Borsch, Vodka and Tears, which specialized in a huge selection of flavored vodkas and absinthe. While I'm not a big fan of absinthe, I do know it's illegal in the US.

They had a ritual of lighting the absinthe on fire with a sugar spoon, or so I recall to the best of my inebriated ability.

Their Green Faery absinthe was particularly ass-kicking. Their description:

"made with wormwood by our polish friend with a chemist’s licence
and, unless you’ve tried it here, you haven’t tried it before,
it’s intensely bitter and bitterly intense"

I can't describe the high, except to say I found myself on a trolley headed for Prince Phillip Island and breakfast with penguins.

Cheers!

absinthe_01.jpg

Cap'n Coke
Glendronach
Guiness Stout
2002 Slatestone Reisling
Sweet Tea
STRONG Coffee (not that bitter coffee shop crap that everyone thinks is cool because it makes your mouth chalky - that's just burnt).
Various teas in flavors that make me happy at that moment.

A great micro brew pale ale.

I tend to do Sierra Nevada Pale Ale or Anchor Steam the most. They are the best macro brew beers with micro brew quality.

I also like a really good Pinot Noir--French or California, it doesn't matter.

For the hard stuff...Johnny Black on the rocks (if I could afford it, Blue or Green).

May i add, as merely a geographical stint, that an intended critique of your taste buds...

I have no idea how you guys drink "Root Beer". I know over here, we drink tea, that does indeed taste like wet brass, but for the life of me, on my visit to the states, "Root Beer" remains a memory i do not hold fond.

May i add, as merely a geographical stint, that an intended critique of your taste buds...

I have no idea how you guys drink "Root Beer". I know over here, we drink tea, that does indeed taste like wet brass, but for the life of me, on my visit to the states, "Root Beer" remains a memory i do not hold fond.

What brand did you drink?? A&W, IBC, Barqs. There's more but each is distinctly different. I like Barqs, myself. I like brassy tea as well :)

Back