Battery for Canon T2i

I am looking for additional batteries for T2i.

I am kind of warned with a huge difference in price tags.

These 5 batteries on eBay, and this ONE battery on BH.

Which one would you suggest?

I'd stay with Canon batteries unless there is some critical reason not to. They're designed and tested with the camera and if something goes wrong and they explode your camera Canon will undoubtedly fix it. Mystery company in China probably wont but, you never know! There are things to save cash on, but this probably isn't one of them.

I agree with everything in Nino's article. I've got the cheap ones. 4, in total, and there have been days when I needed all of them. My camera did not blow up, and I really can't imagine how these cheap batteries could cause any damage.

I think I will supply power through an External Power Source (AC Adapter Kit ACK-E8). Though not from outlet...

This is what I need. I simply read the output voltage and amperage of the adapter, then will get a third party battery with the same V and A, but a bigger capacity. Otherwise, I will have to disassemble camera set only to replace battery.

I wasn't aware these were being made for the T2I. Please let us know how it works out for you. I still think you should pick up a couple cheap generics. What if you're a long ways away from a power supply, or moving the camera a bunch? Do you really want to be ALWAYS tied down?

Back