• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch MUTANTS OF THE APOCALYPSE - 2010 Providence 48hr Film

MUTANTS OF THE APOCALYPSE - Award Winning 2010 Providence 48hr Film

Hey all. We are stocked to announce that our recently entry into the Providence 2010 48hr Film Competition--MUTANTS OF THE APOCALYPSE, took home four awards last night:

* Audience Choice
* Best Cinematography
* Best Costumes
* Best Use of Prop!

This Years Guidlines for the 48:

+ Genre: Horror
+ Prop: Pillow
+ Line of Dialog: "You need help"
+ Character: Michael Maldari, musician

Thanks for watching.

Here is the short-faux trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qmvJqbYXP0

It looks great in 720p HD, fullscreen, so jump over to YT and watch it there also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qmvJqbYXP0

Last edited:
Thank you. Well, this is definitely not without flaws...it was done in 48hr...hard to get everything right.

I think it's not sure whether it wants to be a short or a trailer. It's kinda like the cliff notes of a film...:) But I think it's very fun, and definitely stands out.

I mean, Hitler's disembodied head on a pillow? What more do you want?

I really enjoyed it, it was a lot of fun! The camera movements was impeccable, filming was very nice, everything was great!

"I am World famous from Cuba! :D"
"die Puto!!!!" :D

Thank you Pedro. Cheers.

It's actually, 'I am world famous...in Cuba.' :) That's where the joke lay. And then I love how his lover says, 'Cooba!' afterwards. Too funny. We actually threw that character in last minute because we love the actor, and we didn't have a real character for him. So basically, we decided that he would just repeat what Toblerone says...and the 'Die Puto!' line was totally improved in a take, and the director loved it and said keep it.

One thing I'd like to mention is that all of those intro special effects shots are done from still images. From pictures. I thought that was pretty well done for a 48hr bit.

Again, thank you.

Last edited:
That was hilarious. :lol:

The shot of the UberSchnitzel goose-stepping down the hall with the riot shield sealed the deal for me. :cool:

Hope you guys are considering turning this into a full-blown film.

p.s. Hurry up & release Alien Brain Invasion already. :(

Thank you Pedro. Cheers.

One thing I'd like to mention is that all of those intro special effects shots are done from still images. From pictures. I thought that was pretty well done for a 48hr bit.

Really makes it even better. One thing that surprised me was the audio quality, I really liked it. What kind of external recorder did you use?

Really makes it even better. One thing that surprised me was the audio quality, I really liked it. What kind of external recorder did you use?

Dum dum dummmmmm.

XLR directly into the camera. I keep tellin' youz guys...if you have a good boom op and post audio guy, you can end up with some very solid audio on this setup.

Thanks again all.

OPEN THE GODDAMN DOOR, TROY!

I loved it, Michae1.

You've got the Serpico badass half-breathing, half-speaking voice down tight!

Kudos. That was loads of fun. Looks like it was fun to make, too!

Cheers!

-Charles

Thanks Adeimantus. Ya, the voice thing I wasn't sure if I really wanted to go that far...but the director loved it and said do it. After seeing the thing come together, I realized that camping it up that much was just fine.

It really was fun to make. I love this cast and crew. We're all such tight friends.

Thanks guys. Ya, 48s are an opportunity to take chances...I wish more got crazy. The majority of teams play it safe I think. Not us, we see just how far we can push the envelope.

Back