• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch ENTOURAGE: Jersey Edition (Trailer)

It looks pretty funny, man. My only critique, a "Pet hate" of mine, is new film-makers putting their names in the trailer. The trailer should be entirely composed to sell the film to the audience, telling them names they've never heard of won't do much at all.

Good point. Before the full film goes online, we're having a screening in december for my high school class that just graduated this june. So "they" know my name, lol

The sound quality really lost me in the beginning. I don't intend to be destructive, but good film making is about simplicity, and keeping things "small" unpretentious.

Sorry I didn't explain myself properly. I watched the trailer again, and you are obviously very talented, but I feel there is just too much going on, and its seemingly hard to understand what the movie is all about, that's what I meant by "pretentious", in the sense that there is too much going on.

I understand. Basically I cut this trailer with more of a teaser mentality...keep them guessing on what will happen, create some cool-looking moments to get their interest.

Again, this trailer was originally intended for an audience that already knows me and my movies and they are going to see it either way :P ... I'm just giving them a little taste to get them a little more excited.

I agree with you though. I think the middle section of the trailer with the heartbeats and lines of dialogue played in the background is probably the highlight of what you are talking about.

I think it looked pretty good, and you had a lot of sound design in terms of music and cues, however, I think the audio in terms of the dialog is pretty bad though, and it pulls me out of the larger production value thing you're going for. I'd say clean up the dialog a lot...do some ADR if you have to. It sounds like you recorded with a really bad mic.

Good job with the pacing and the flow...

I think you're actors are OK, but none of them really have that 'it' factor, even the lead dude is a little humdrum. I take it none of them are actors...well, if you plan to continue this, they will need to up their game quite a bit...at least if you plan to sell this thing. In time, they will improve...just keep in mind how hard real actors work (classes, training, constant practice), and then you'll understand why having non-actors carry your show can be a weak link. And although Entourage has younger actors in it, I think some of your actors are *too* young, and suffer from that 'friend-made' look.

I hope you understand this critique is meant to help, not hinder. You guys have put a ton of work into this, and it shows.

Yeah, we will be doing ADR before the final release...just gotta work on getting everyone together from college. And yeah like you said, no one here is a professional actor...and I suppose it shows. I start film school in less than a week, so should have plenty of pickings once I'm there.

As far as the lead actor being "humdrum" though...have you SEEN adrien grenier? lol

Back