• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Music for a newsreel parody

Hey guys! Okay, so I have a section of my animation which depicts the passing of time using a newsreel model. I need a suitable piece of free or public domain music. I've been through much of the freemusicarchive and over at archives.org but can't seem to find anything. If anyone comes across something please post here. Thanks!!

If you find a classical piece you like, find someone playing it on youtube. Then you can send them a message and ask for permission to use their recording.

I'm not sure what vibe you are going for, but Debussy is jazzy and in public domain. :)

If you find a classical piece you like, find someone playing it on youtube. Then you can send them a message and ask for permission to use their recording.

I'm not sure what vibe you are going for, but Debussy is jazzy and in public domain. :)

Great suggestion, Dready! I found Arabesque #1 and it brought back memories of watching Jack Horkheimer's Star Gazer on public tv when I was a youngun. :cry: Loved it. :)

Back