Jeet Kune do, Bruce Lee's only training video.

I've just come across a six-part series documenting the art of "Jeet Kune do", the fighting style founded by Bruce Lee that has shaped the world of mixed martial arts and combat across the universe. His style, and influence in the essential, would go on to become the core of any preempted strike thrown. Narrated by Bruce himself, this documentation is truly fascinating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmSiS5SWXks

Sharing pirated links? tsk tsk.

:P just kidding

Jeet Kune Do it pretty sweet. Bruce Lee is an interesting guy.

My personal favorite martial art is Baguazhang.

Not that Krav Maga isn't badass. But a bit too violent for me. Kali is really cool, as well.

Baguazhang is beautiful, I've yet to see it being taught separately, in my city at least, it's usually incorporated with many other styles or techniques. Krav Maga is real widespread, i was surprised to see a few MMA gyms are taking it up.

Jeez, pirated link. Slap my wrist, wait, you better not be trained in Krav Maga!

EDIT: Recommend me a book on "Baguazhang", Dready.

Last edited:
Channeling and positioning. It's hard to a non-believer in the true mechanics of the body, that it's possible. But I've seen guys demonstrate Fajin, it's fricken scary.

My personal fav is Aikido. Graceful, elegant, but can still be shockingly violent.

I've studied it for 15 years, and I like especially the heavy emphasis on zen philosophy.

Also, it's really cool to move across the tatami in graceful and circular movements in a black hakama throwing people in every direction.

:D

I have to disagree that Jeet Kune Do shaped the martial art world. It wasn't even a finished art when Lee died. Sure some of the ideas were good but they were not his own and he made that clear. He took what he felt was the best concepts from other arts and tried to merge them.

My personal fav is Aikido. Graceful, elegant, but can still be shockingly violent.

I've studied it for 15 years, and I like especially the heavy emphasis on zen philosophy.

Also, it's really cool to move across the tatami in graceful and circular movements in a black hakama throwing people in every direction.

:D

Totally. I think Aikido is the one I would learn. But then, I'm a bit of a pacifist. I wouldn't actually want to hurt someone in a fight unless I absolutely had to. As opposed to Krav Maga where the intent is pretty much to at least break something. Efficient, but try explaining that to the cops :P

I have to disagree that Jeet Kune Do shaped the martial art world. It wasn't even a finished art when Lee died. Sure some of the ideas were good but they were not his own and he made that clear. He took what he felt was the best concepts from other arts and tried to merge them.

I believe it set a benchmark, the concept of "The way of the intercepting first", had never been motioned in any of the arts. Any choreographed fight-scene in martial-arts movies after the eighties incorporated this, and it still does. He studied every fighting style, picking the essential and molding it together. People jumped on it.

Back