• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Post-Apocalyptic Zombie Shotgun Madness

Post-Apocalyptic Zombie Shotgun Madness

Shot on Canon 7d

Here is the 48 hour project that I acted in as a Zombie. 7:57 is the length of this short.

The story is that a man is looking to find his girlfriend and meets a zombie hunter
named Cooper O'Brien that helps him try to find her and keep the zombies from
killing them.

This film was Team Clutch Productions' submission for the 2010 48 Hour Film Project
in Indianapolis, Indiana. The film was written, filmed, edited and turned in within 48 hours
on the weekend of July 30th, 2010.

Starring Dave Butts, Chris Spurgin, Jenna Jacob and Joshua Ramsey. Written by James Panighetti,
Shane Carr and Dave Butts. Directed by James Panighetti.

My name is Rob Lee and I was a Zombie. You can see me in a few scenes.

There may be an extended version coming in the near future. Here is the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omhqmJPUW0k

Here is a link to the thread that has the behind the scenes pictures that I uploaded to indietalk

http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?p=132919#post132919

38569_776662145878_20710871_43657389_232372_n.jpg

Last edited:
That was fun. The character and objective set-up time was well spent, it sucked me right in.
The acting was pretty solid and I got a laugh too. Locations and props were excellent.
I think the episode based preface frame work did it's job too (Good call on that), and I liked the art.

The ending reminded me of the final episode of the series Angel a little (And other stuff).

I could easily watch a low budget zomb feature (Or episodes) with these characters,
there is some chemistry there.

-Thanks-

Gah, what a blue-ball ending. :no:

Up 'til that point, was enjoyin' the hell out of it. Witty dialogue & creative action. Talented cast. Loved the bald guy especially.

Great entry for the 48. :cool:

I just found out that we won the Audience Choice Award for block B films in the 48 hour event in Indianapolis. It's the only award we were eligible for and we won it. We turned our film in late so that is the reason we were not eligible for the other awards.

I agree I could hear the plasticness of the guns too. Maybe they will fix that or do it right next time. We have a longer version of this movie coming out in awhile. Since the 48 hour required to be less than 7 minutes long we really had to cut a lot. They are going to add some footage back in and release a longer version. Maybe they will upgade sound then.

Last edited:
Yeah we had an issue with the audio not being in sync due to a corrupt render with the old version we turned in on time. So we resubmitted with fixed audio and better SFX. I think it did pay off in helping us get the award. So that bad luck with the render may have helped us you never know.

That was fun, good job. It was good enough that I wish it were better. And then I realize...this is a 48...and I say: You did a great job.

Overall, I dug the concept. I would seriously work more with your actors, or hire new ones. I know this is a 48...but you can find solid actors ahead of time (even hold auditions), and score a solid usable cast. The dog walker can stay, and the monologuing zombie can stay. The rest are pretty bad. I'm sorry to be brutally honest like this, but it's coming from a production standpoint. I think it would have been a much stronger pilot with badass actors. The writing was OK, for what it was--it was good enough that a good actor would have rolled with it (like the dog walker). And I know it's hard to turn down a pretty face with nice...assets...and it's hard to find a talented actor with all those...assets...but you may have to strike a balance.

On a side note - I watched this in 1080p...and there is *no* way that was true HD. Something went wonky in your upload or conversion. It was pixely and blocky.

THe lighting was OK, the sound was OK, and the editing was OK. THe fx were pretty bad (blood needs some work).

That was fun. Thank you for sharing that.

ps. I also just realized that you were only a zombie in this. So disregard my entire critique. lol. Oh man.

Last edited:
No problem Michael. Yeah I think it is interesting to hear others views on the movie. As far as the upload I don't really know how they did that. For me it was a good experience to see the inner workings of how a film is made. This film was a fun one to be a part of. The crew and actors were great people to work with. As far as acting chops I agree the dog walker and monologuing zombie were the best in the film. As a zombie I did not really get a chance to talk in the film that was a downside but it was still fun.

I know what you mean about wanting the movie to be more developed and longer. I had the same thoughts. We are coming out with an extended version that should be better. We have a lot of footage that was left out do to the 7 minute rule for the contest. We should have an extended version out in awile. The director has been talking about doing a feature film for a sequal.

Last edited:
Back