Battery in microphone

I recently received my microphone in the male and it takes a single AA battery. Im just wondering if this is something you guys take out when not in use or just leave it in and keep the mic in the off position? Thanks.

If you use the mic a lot just turn it off as Cracker suggested. If it will be unused for long periods of time - a month, for example - I would remove the battery; sometimes alkaline batteries leak.

Haha, ok, thanks...Yeah...male, all I can say was I was tired and went to bed after writting this...and no, nothing was on my mind...Mail...The reason I asked anyways, was because some devices, no matter what it is, still draw a small amount of power when off. So I just wanted to see if this was one of those.

Since were here talking about batteries and microphones, I was wandering Would it hurt or improve the microphone to use one of those high capacity aa rechargeable batteries like the Energizer e2 Photo L91 Camera battery - AA - Li 2900 mAh???

na, just go with the manufactures recommendation on batteries.. typically normal alks..

A better reason to remove batteries when not in use is leakage. Nothing like ruining a $1000 piece of equipment because you were to lazy to take out the batteries!

Since were here talking about batteries and microphones, I was wandering Would it hurt or improve the microphone to use one of those high capacity aa rechargeable batteries like the Energizer e2 Photo L91 Camera battery - AA - Li 2900 mAh???

Use alkalines. I have found over the years that nicads and the like die almost instantaneously - things are rolling along just fine and then in the blink of an eye it's dead. With alkalines you know the power is getting drained long before it's useless.

Most alkaline batteries retain a full charge for three to ten hours of continuous usage depending upon the mic. As an example - a fresh standard 9-volt typically has a 9.3 volt charge. When I use it in a C-1000s the charge is about 8.5 volts about after seven hours of continuous usage. At 8.3 volts there is a slight change in the sound. When I use an AA in my AT822 it lasts about 10 hours before the sound changes.

I recently received my microphone in the male and it takes a single AA battery. Im just wondering if this is something you guys take out when not in use or just leave it in and keep the mic in the off position? Thanks.

I've had batteries leak inside equip, it's bad.

Some mics have tricky on/off switches too ... so folks make sure it's OFF by removing the battery.

I've heard (but cannot confirm) that ANY connection to the battery slowly drains it ... even if the equip is off ... so removing the battery is healthy.

Back