What does "Kiss X4" stand for in the T2i 550d Rebel model?

I was just about to complete the purchase of my T2i, and noticed that the model I was buying is a Kiss X4, however many T2i listings don't hold this designation.

Forgive my ignorance, but do you have any idea of what it stands for?

As far as i know, the only difference is in the name

its know as kiss in japan and rebel t2i in USA

its common name being 550d

EDIT: im guessing the t2i is made in USA and kiss in Japan?

It's the exact same camera. No difference, whatsoever.

Ahem - the "common" name is T2i. ;)

It's known by "550D" in Europe, "Kiss X4" in Japan. Same camera.

The instruction manual you'll be purchasing is in Japanese. You can download and English PDF.

I'm selling mine in a few days. You can save even more than you already are, if you wanna buy used.

Your question about compatibility is a valid concern. Just to quelch your fears, this photo is of my Kiss X4, with it's charger plugged into a standar American power outlet. Everything has functioned properly. Make your purchase (the new one, or my used one) with no fear.

20100801152143.jpg

Last edited:

The instruction manual you'll be purchasing is in Japanese. You can download and English PDF.

I'm selling mine in a few days. You can save even more than you already are, if you wanna buy used.

I thought the standard names were the ones with "D". You know 5D, 7D, 50D, 1D, 30D, 20D, 550D...

So i took that as their original production names and t1i, y2i, kissx4 as marketing names for different countries.

see now, i wouldve been fine with the joke
but then u had to go and use a word that
i had to look up. although, my vocabulary
is the better for it, i dont appreciate u making
me do extra work.

so ur jingoism is pis**** me off! :P

Last edited:

I just might be interested.
Just out of curiosity, Why are you selling the camera?

Its a completely different camera.. like, it has this like, KISS X4 printed on it! I mean, nobody will think your cool if you have something stupid like that on your camera! I can sell you and upgrade that will make it a T2i if you like. Its $69. PM me and Ill give you the paypal address..

;)

Its a completely different camera.. like, it has this like, KISS X4 printed on it! I mean, nobody will think your cool if you have something stupid like that on your camera! I can sell you and upgrade that will make it a T2i if you like. Its $69. PM me and Ill give you the paypal address..

;)

69usd!?! :huh:

Are you serious? what a giveaway, you got yourself a sale!!

I just might be interested.
Just out of curiosity, Why are you selling the camera?

The harsh realities of life. I'm two days away from wrapping my first feature. I've completely emptied my bank account during production. Rent is due, and I think I'm going to have to put my tail between my legs and just ask my roommate to spot me some dough to cover rent. I took a month off of work to make this feature; I return to work this Friday. I make decent enough money that I'll be back in black soon enough, but in the short-term, I've got other bills that are due, and I do like to feed myself. I'm a bartender, but unlike most bartenders, I make almost no cash tips. I serve primarily affluent travelers, and they leave gratuity almost exclusively with plastic, which I don't see until two weeks later, on my paycheck.

On top of all that, I need a new hard drive and operating system before I can start editing this beast, and I'm anxious to start editing immediately.

So...sob-story short, I just plain up need some scratch.

Luckily, I've got a friend who owns a 7D, so if I need any re-shoots for the feature, I'll be able to borrow his. I don't want to sell this camera, I just plain have to. As far as I'm concerned, if I can get a fair used price for it, it's almost like I rented it for a month.

Anyway, I'll be sure to post a link to my ebay listing, when I put it up in a few days.

The harsh realities of life. I'm two days away from wrapping my first feature. I've completely emptied my bank account during production. Rent is due, and I think I'm going to have to put my tail between my legs and just ask my roommate to spot me some dough to cover rent. I took a month off of work to make this feature; I return to work this Friday. I make decent enough money that I'll be back in black soon enough, but in the short-term, I've got other bills that are due, and I do like to feed myself. I'm a bartender, but unlike most bartenders, I make almost no cash tips. I serve primarily affluent travelers, and they leave gratuity almost exclusively with plastic, which I don't see until two weeks later, on my paycheck.

On top of all that, I need a new hard drive and operating system before I can start editing this beast, and I'm anxious to start editing immediately.

So...sob-story short, I just plain up need some scratch.

Luckily, I've got a friend who owns a 7D, so if I need any re-shoots for the feature, I'll be able to borrow his. I don't want to sell this camera, I just plain have to. As far as I'm concerned, if I can get a fair used price for it, it's almost like I rented it for a month.

Anyway, I'll be sure to post a link to my ebay listing, when I put it up in a few days.

We have a couple short scenes to shoot, but for all intents and purposes, we're wrapped. I have a friend who owns a 7D, and he'll totally let me use his camera to shoot the final scenes and any potential reshoots. Anyway, that means today is the day to put my T2i on the market.

I can't bring myself to do it. Sorry, Pedro, this one ain't for sale. If your budget is tight, I can't over-recommend this camera; you should definitely get one.

Cheers!

Hey man - thats cool you shot a feature with the T2i... I'm planning on doing the same.

Just 2 questions:

1. Did you have a rig? Like a shoulder mount or follow focus?

2. How did you record the sound?

Thanks.

No rig. This was ultra-low budget. I had a deadline by which I needed to wrap it. So, my production budget wasn't what I was willing to spend, but how much I could save up, before production began. I was able to save just enough to pay my actors (flat-rate $250/wk), and one crew member (B-Cam/boom-op; same flat-rate as actors), all the random productions costs (props, etc.), camera, audio equipment rental (H4n, boom, shock-mount, Rode NTG-2), and that's about it. A rig would've been nice, but I didn't move the camera that often, and when I did, I found handheld to be not that difficult if I walked slowly. For the faster moving shots, I have a DIY track and dolly, and a DIY steadicam. I used the track a handful of times, and the steadicam just once.

For follow focus, I rarely needed it. I kept as wide a depth of field as possible, for most of my shots. I think all-in-all, I probably had one or two shots with follow-focus, and I think I remember only two with rack focus. If you want to move the camera a lot, or if you have lots of people moving around all over the place, or if you want a relatively shallow depth of field, a rig with follow focus would probably be a good idea, if it's in your budget. I haven't been shopping for them, but I've heard that a lot of new companies are entering the market, and that prices have recently begun dropping like flies.

For sound, we used the Zoom H4n and Rode NTG-2, with boom and shock-mount. For the money, I think this combo produced good quality. We've got a couple audio geeks on this forum. Alcove, ROC and a couple others would graciously dole out some advice, I'm sure.

Thanks.

No rig. This was ultra-low budget. I had a deadline by which I needed to wrap it. So, my production budget wasn't what I was willing to spend, but how much I could save up, before production began. I was able to save just enough to pay my actors (flat-rate $250/wk), and one crew member (B-Cam/boom-op; same flat-rate as actors), all the random productions costs (props, etc.), camera, audio equipment rental (H4n, boom, shock-mount, Rode NTG-2), and that's about it. A rig would've been nice, but I didn't move the camera that often, and when I did, I found handheld to be not that difficult if I walked slowly. For the faster moving shots, I have a DIY track and dolly, and a DIY steadicam. I used the track a handful of times, and the steadicam just once.

For follow focus, I rarely needed it. I kept as wide a depth of field as possible, for most of my shots. I think all-in-all, I probably had one or two shots with follow-focus, and I think I remember only two with rack focus. If you want to move the camera a lot, or if you have lots of people moving around all over the place, or if you want a relatively shallow depth of field, a rig with follow focus would probably be a good idea, if it's in your budget. I haven't been shopping for them, but I've heard that a lot of new companies are entering the market, and that prices have recently begun dropping like flies.

For sound, we used the Zoom H4n and Rode NTG-2, with boom and shock-mount. For the money, I think this combo produced good quality. We've got a couple audio geeks on this forum. Alcove, ROC and a couple others would graciously dole out some advice, I'm sure.

Thanks so much for the informative reply!

You need to post info about your project man. Website or something! Good luck and thanks again for the inspiration!!

Back