Favorite unknown (Indie) actors?

Who are some of your favorite unknown/not well known (Indie) actors and noteable performances from?

While not a showcase of range, or anything flashy and over the top; one of the most stunningly simple stylized performances I have ever seen is Lucinda Lloyd (as Alison) in Paper Twin Production’s A God Named Alison.

It’s not flawless, but the classic poise and charm and timing she works the dialogue with (when she is “on”) creates a very entertaining subtle gravity that I just love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO0lHJE2BpA

-Thanks-

HEY!

Not so long back, I posted a thread indicating that I know a bunch of really talented actors who are eager to work in the Chicago area. I offered to put anybody who is in Chicago in contact with this wonderful group of actors. I received no responses. I thought, "hmm, that's weird, is nobody in this forum in Chicago?"

Lucinda is cool. I like her work in this short, which I also like. But if you find her work "stunning"...

I did see your post (and have kept it in mind, but I'm not looking for anyone at the moment, but who knows right?. I used to work and live in some of the theater scene here myself.)

I think Lucinda has that raw natural charisma, the kind (in the right role) that would be able to draw in and mesmerize and seduce an audience. Part con artist, part snake charmer -all woman.

-Thanks-

I did see your post (and have kept it in mind, but I'm not looking for anyone at the moment, but who knows right?. I used to work and live in some of the theater scene here myself.)

Sweet! That's good enough for me. You should definitely keep them in mind. These aren't even my friends, really -- I don't say that as a disparaging comment -- I just mean that I'm not biased towards trying to prop somebody up. The actors I'm recommending are really deserving of the accolades I'm giving them. They are a group of friends who really enjoy working with each other, and work very well with each other. I believe theater people call this kind of collective a "troupe", or whatever. In addition to terrific creativity, I've also experienced a very high level of professionalism with them. Feel free to contact me as a go-between if you need any talented people in their young 20s.

Wow, Thanks alot Buddy, you too CF. This was my first short, it seems so long ago. That story i told you about the sickness, the cab driver, this was it.

Lucinda is a delight, both on and off the set. She's thorough, and extremely hardworking. Our make-up artist didn't show to the shoot, Lucinda smiles it off, and begins to prepare her own make-up, referring to ask questions whether it was precisely the look we wanted. We where then locked in our location, after having to enter through an alleyway. Lucinda was quite happy to climb a 7ft doorway, and hop down in her boots, only to find out our cab couldn't climb a hill, she was laughing in the passenger seat while our three-man crew gives it a push.

Our shoot wasn't treated as a "Student job", she took the material and ourselves seriously. I sincerely hope she gets her break.

If anybody wants to get in touch with her, PM me, I'll supply you the details.

She's nolonger unknown because she has a huge cult following, but Angela Bettis from MAY is the best actress working today. She has an unusual look so she doesn't get the roles she deserves. But, her performance in MAY is flat out perfection. She turns shit into gold.

I add Sheila Conway to my list as well.

When I watch her/their stuff, there is a sense of understanding and fearless commitment to “The Moment” come hell, high water or both if the script calls for it.

She kind of yanks the pin out of the ‘We’ll MAKE IT WORK!’ grenade and says “Here, hold this!”,
and it’s exactly what sets the writing and production of the story off, the moment.

She’s like a turbo charged “Can-Do” engine tucked under the hood of classic girl next door style, and going that extra mile every step of the way –and I love it.

-Thanks-

She's nolonger unknown because she has a huge cult following, but Angela Bettis from MAY is the best actress working today. She has an unusual look so she doesn't get the roles she deserves. But, her performance in MAY is flat out perfection. She turns shit into gold.

My wife is a very busy indie actress, and one of her major likes is Angela Bettis. It's her ideal career and style.

Back