Is it worth getting a premiere membership?

Define "worth it".
smiley_mystery.gif

I took the plunge and never looked back.

Personally, it was worth it to me just to get the big-assed mailbox so I don't have to constantly be worrying that it'll be all bunged up with undeleted PM's and some big Hollywood producer sends me a PM that bounces and I NEVER know it and I die alone and un-famous in some scummy Michigan nursing-home sucking on my toe.

Peace of mind, that's what I got!

-Charles

Well is it really just a bigger inbox and access to certain threads and a signature?

Ha ha, Charles, I don't think that's really an issue for me, but it's a good point none the less.

Hmm... quite a dilemma.

Well is it really just a bigger inbox and access to certain threads and a signature?

Ha ha, Charles, I don't think that's really an issue for me, but it's a good point none the less.

Hmm... quite a dilemma.

I GET A SIGNATURE???

Nobody said nuthin'...

There's some pretty cool threads in the Members' area. Very informative and instructive.

You also help keep IndieTalk solvent and operating far into the future. Consider it a monetary contribution to the community.

CF's just mad that he can't read the CrackerFunk Knows Too Much! thread.

that thread was one of the weirdest experiences of my life.

anyway, to be honest, i dont really feel that the premiere forums are updated and used as regularly as the mainstream stuff. for 25dollars a year then i think its worth gettin the cool premiere badge and the signature ;-> however the forums arent as, 'exciting' as i had expected, and there isnt as much there as i thought there was gonna be. im just a noob too premiere stuff so dont attack me, but first impressions is that its worth it for a laugh and some extra bonuses, and its not exactly expensive so if youre gonna be using the forum a lot then go for it. :)

I took the plunge and never looked back.

Personally, it was worth it to me just to get the big-assed mailbox so I don't have to constantly be worrying that it'll be all bunged up with undeleted PM's and some big Hollywood producer sends me a PM that bounces and I NEVER know it and I die alone and un-famous in some scummy Michigan nursing-home sucking on my toe.

Peace of mind, that's what I got!

-Charles

I know an actor who did not own an answering message machine and lost a part in a movie in the 70s. They called and he was not home so they chose someone else to play the MAIN VILLAIN. Things would be different if there were cell phones back then.

Last edited:
i dont really feel that the premiere forums are updated and used as regularly as the mainstream stuff. for 25dollars a year then i think its worth gettin the cool premiere badge and the signature ;-> however the forums arent as, 'exciting' as i had expected, and there isnt as much there as i thought there was gonna be.

That's a pretty fair assessment.

It's great to have, though, if you need to get away from the noise sometimes. It's nice to be able to have conversations, from time to time, with people that are not quite as random as one finds on the open 'net. It allows for a bit of privacy, as well.

When I put out that call for a script last month (in Prem forum), I received about 10 (excellent) submissions in about 24 hours. If I'd done that in general screenwriting, my oversized PM box would have been swamped with more frantic scripts than I could ever possibly hope to go through, from scores of people I'd never heard of before. Sometimes the information put out or received needs to be filtered a bit - and the Prem forums help with that.

The vast majority of the information on the site is out there for free, though, and that's really what makes the site as great as it is. :cool:

Oh! A benefit that I don't believe is listed - no more irritating inline ad-links at all, and less visible adverts in general. I notice that a lot, when I visit the site from a computer I'm not logged into. That's just cool.

Back