"Casting" websites -- Good ones? Building your own?

I'm relatively new to film production, and I'm in small-town INDIANA ... which basically means FINDING and CASTING decent Actors & Actresses is rather difficult (unlike in huge cities where there may be large talent pools, etc) ...

My question is: Does anyone know websites where someone can FIND actors-seeking-roles?

And also ... does anyone know of (free or inexpensive) websites where you can "build" your OWN pool of talent, where interested strangers can post their own photos and resumes, seeking filmmakers and productions?

Indiana (for any Hoosiers finding this here) seems to have THIS one (which rocks, but is 80 miles away in Indianapolis, and I'd like to form a local hometown talent database) ...

http://www.indianaactors.com/

And here's a link to some national or "big city" ones that may help someone somewhere else who's READING this:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090717114518AAKvM7C

:huh: But does anyone know about THESE ... or about any "dyi" websites that have space and tools for CREATING our own Actors/Actresses/Crew talent database ???

You can built whatever kind of website you want for relatively cheap. Just use a free website builder such as weebly or something and buy a domain name if you want a ".com" domains are like $10 and free site builders are free.

Thanks for the advice about Weebly, I'm seeing all that it does ... It's pretty cool.

What I'd need, I think, is some sort of FREE (or rilly rilly inexpensive) "forms" program where potential actors or crew can go to my "film community" website ... and enter themselves into a shared database.

Fill out their name and contact info, resumes, etc ...
and
Post a photo or two of themselves ...
so that
Myself or other filmmakers can find them, contact and cast them etc ...

A "searchable database" I guess ... and me being ignorant of the HTML codes etc ... :yes:

I know I could point them to sign up on SOME OTHER DATABASE ... but that would be sort of underhanded or parasitic, imo. So I'm looking for my own to get or build, I guess.

Last edited:
Back