• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Broken Plate

This is my first short film attempt. Pretty much pick up the camera and go 'cause I was at a cabin with nothing better to do but not enough time to plan it out :) I don't know much about film making yet, but sure am interested in learning! Please leave constructive criticism and/or feed back so that I might improve with my next attempt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hZcN8xrGU8

Thanks
~Sam

Thank you so much for your advice and encouragement!

I ordered myself a copy of that book, so I'll be able to learn the standard rules. Let me know if you reccomend otherwise, but I expect that it is to be used more as a guide, and that creative license is encouraged to some extent after the traditional methods have been learned?

Thanks again!
~Sam

Thank you so much for your advice and encouragement!

I ordered myself a copy of that book, so I'll be able to learn the standard rules. Let me know if you reccomend otherwise, but I expect that it is to be used more as a guide, and that creative license is encouraged to some extent after the traditional methods have been learned?

Thanks again!
~Sam

There are no real rules. You do what you think is best. But these are some darn good guidelines to start out with. I'm glad you ordered it. Have fun making movies!

Back