• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Boogeyman (2010)

Hey, Gerard.

You got the rights to "Boogeyman?"

Kudos. I'm not able to view the trailer quite yet, but damn, bro...

I read about the hell that Rob Reiner went through to get King to let ANYONE make another movie from his books/stories("Misery").

I'm impressed.

-C

(will check out trailer later tonight)

Now I may be wrong or slightly off with the details but I thought you could actually use any one of Steven Kings short stories for a dollar. But it's only his short stories. Again, I could be wrong on the details but I believe that's the gist of it. If so then that's probably how and why he used Steven King's short story to make his film.

Looks good, Gerard!

The first short film I ever attempted was an adaptation of Stephen King's short story The Man Who Loved Flowers, using the Dollar Baby deal. Granted, it turned out horribly and I don't even think I ever finished editing it, but it was a start, anyway.

Ok one thing I want to say about the trailer:

I wouldn't show the boogeyman.

Look at how much hype was made by the War of the Worlds trailer. It was forbidden to see what the alien tripods looked like or sounded like.

Look at how much hype is created by Super 8. Don't see the bad guy, but you hear it bashing out a god damn reinforced steel barricaded cell they've got whatever it is held in.

Anyway.. I'd make more of a mystery about the Boogeyman in the trailer so when people watch the movie it's a surprise or they are curious to what it looks like.

That's a fair point.

I cut the trailer myself and sometimes you get torn between selling the movie and not giving too much away. Its a tricky balance. Still, there is no hint in the trailer of what happens at the end when the big twist comes.

Look at how much hype was made by the War of the Worlds trailer. It was forbidden to see what the alien tripods looked like or sounded like.

Look at how much hype is created by Super 8. Don't see the bad guy, but you hear it bashing out a god damn reinforced steel barricaded cell they've got whatever it is held in.

Anyway.. I'd make more of a mystery about the Boogeyman in the trailer so when people watch the movie it's a surprise or they are curious to what it looks like.

Totaly agree, but I was drunk when I first watched it and didnt want to be crass

Back