Just in case you hadn't heard, you can Get paid to conduct/shoot interviews with auth

OMG really?! I had no idea! You know some people think the way to get credibility is to say the same thing more times! I think its more of the opposite. Less is more kinda thing.

I notice he posted each notice to a different forum (by state), so maybe he thinks it's not technically spamming.

-C

Last edited:
I recorded the sound on some Author interviews a while back and I must say you cannot pay me enough money to do that again.

Every single one of them had the worst mouth noise I had ever heard.

A 7 minute interview took me 5 days to edit (10 hour days).

I'm a stickler for no mouth noise and clean recordings. And authors were by far the worst I had ever heard in terms of mouth noise. I guess because they all drink coffee and eat ramen.

I recorded the sound on some Author interviews a while back and I must say you cannot pay me enough money to do that again.

Every single one of them had the worst mouth noise I had ever heard.

A 7 minute interview took me 5 days to edit (10 hour days).

I'm a stickler for no mouth noise and clean recordings. And authors were by far the worst I had ever heard in terms of mouth noise. I guess because they all drink coffee and eat ramen.

Haha. I've never heard that term before, "mouth noise". I can kinda guess what it means, and in my head, it sounds gross.

After 5 thousand hours of final product narration, ADR and voice recording...

I hear mouth noise like Ray Charles can hear a hummingbird outside.

Chew with your mouth open and you get the idea of what mouth noise is.

Get in front of a microphone (3 inches) and talk. Clicks, noise, etc. Bane of my existence.

Some people have it, some people don't. The professional voice over artists know how to suppress it.

One of these days I am going to discover the cause of it and I'll be famous. It's a vitamin deficiency I think.

Well, in all fairness -- those were posts by a new member who wasn't yet familiar with our rules. And he did message me to let me know he had a specific list of states that he is recruiting for, hence the same message in 8 different states. He'll get it sorted out...

One of these days I am going to discover the cause of it and I'll be famous. It's a vitamin deficiency I think.
There are two main contributors:

Diet - usually excessive dairy.

Liquids - coffee, colas & other sodas, and other drinks that cause dry mouth.

A "rinse" with some diluted lemon juice and lots of room temperature water during the session can greatly reduce mouth noises. The problem with interviews is that the interviewees, especially the eccentric ones, do not like to change their habits.

Beer does a great job reducing mouth noise, but although it greatly reduces mouth noise after a few hours they slur so much you want the pops, clicks and phlegm back. (Actually, non-alcoholic beer works just as well.)

Back