Canon XHA1s or Canon Mark 2 5D

Hey Guys,

So I'm faced with a problem. Currently I own a Canon XHA1s and it's doing great for me.
However, I recently filmed a short of mine with the 5D and fell in love with it.
What are the pros and cons of both and should I sell my XHA1s and jump on the
5D bandwagon?
Advice would be great... I am so lost.

Thanks in advanced.

-T

Hey Guys,

So I'm faced with a problem. Currently I own a Canon XHA1s and it's doing great for me.
However, I recently filmed a short of mine with the 5D and fell in love with it.
What are the pros and cons of both and should I sell my XHA1s and jump on the
5D bandwagon?
Advice would be great... I am so lost.

Thanks in advanced.

-T

5D>

xha1 don't shoot in pure HD. I mean they do, but not to the quality of the 5d. lets put it this way. you don't need lighting for the 5d..... seriously... you don't.

sell the xha1 bro.

but the only downside is outside audio. you gotta get an H4n audio recorder and some xlr cables with an NTG rode shotgun mic. but yeah. definately worth it if your drying to get really good quality stuff.

Good discussion, I am actually in the market to pickup a prosumer level camera for my business. Been looking at tapeless and tape based camcorders on the prosumer level, but then I found the 5D and a friend who has the camera agreed it was the best for the current times.

I was ready to get a large prosumer camera but then I found out that this DSLR does it all with a 1" full sensor and better low light-HD capabilities. Has anyone made a list of nececssary equipment to go along with this camera? So far here is what I've come up with for a film-making kit.

I may get
-Canon 5D w/kit lense
Other lenses?
-Marshall V-LCD70XP-HDMI External Monitor
-Dolly: possibly the Stage Zero Motorized Timelapse Dolly
-BATTERIES
-Lighting gear needed?
-Sound gear:
-Tripod:
-CF Cards

Back