• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch "Way Far Gone", feature-length film trailer

Here's the hot-off-the-press trailer for my crew's first feature-length film, Way Far Gone. The page also has several high-quality stills from the film as well. If you're feeling frisky, there's also four short films available on the site that can be streamed as well.

Any comments/criticisms are welcome and encouraged.

Enjoy... hopefully.

Way Far Gone - Rough Customer Films

Last edited:
Video looks great. Most of the acting looks good.

The only complaint I would have, is way too much dialogue in a trailer. Way, way, way too much dialogue. Trailers if they have any dialogue is usually one or two short lines that give an overview of the plot.

Thanks for checking it out, ussiners! Your complaints about too much dialogue have been echoed by several others and I am re-cutting the trailer to simplify it a bit (though I must disagree that most trailers only have "one or two little short lines". Most established films (films that can present a trailer with a pre-determined understanding of what's going on) do follow that format, but I encourage you to re-watch trailers for most unknown, indie films and you'll probably notice more dialogue than you initially realize.

But, as I said, I've noticed many instances where I can cut down/speed up the dialogue to get things moving along. I'm more interested in hearing whether this is something that looks genuinely interesting to everyone (regardless of budget, camera used, etc.) In the end, that's all that really matters, isn't it?

Back