35mm adapter newbie question

first of all, this site is GREAT!

I did alot of reading on here and lots of other places before I posted and I have learned alot...

a friend of mine is a very good DP and shoots alot of indie films & music videos and he has also taught me alot..

so forgive me in advance if I ask some newbie questions lol....
I am a quick learner & I have recently purchased some of my own equipment and in the process of building my own "rig" as they call it...lol...

I know it takes years of practice and Im willing to do that...

anyway I just recently purchased a CANON T2i (which is great),
and was looking to get a 35mm adapter for it...

I know I would need a prime lens for it, but my question is....would the lens that came with it be ok enough to use or would I still to get a different lens to use as a prime (nikon 50mm, etc)..?

or would it even be worth it to get a 35mm with this cam ? (T2i)

my DP friend said all I prob would need is a step-up ring..

he recently shot a music video using a canon HD cam, nikon prime and twoneil 35mm dof adapter...
which came out awesome, but Im sure that had more to do with his awesome shooting skills, haha..

anyway would the lens that came with the T2i be enough to use with the DOF adapter or do I need another kind of prime lens?

thanks guys, look forward to learning alot on here..

You don't need a 35mm adapter. A 35mm adapter is for attaching lenses meant for a 35mm SLR camera onto a traditional video camera. But the T2i is an SLR camera, so you can already switch out your lenses.

You can use the kit lens to make a movie, certainly.

Back