I Love Cracker Funk

It doesn't matter how much anyone bashes "Avatar", he can still remain calm and defend it without throwing back personal insults. For this reason, Cracker Funk is my new, online I-love-you-so-much-I-can't-express-it-with-only-text-over-the-interweb. Droowl <3 Cracker Funk

I used to love Cracker Funk. Worshiped the ground he floated on. Didn't even criticize him when he was using four periods instead of three for ellipses.

But then I heard he gave Travolta's "Battlefield Earth" two thumbs up.

I will never love again...

On a different but not unrelated topic, "Battlefield Earth" is on IMDb's "100 Worst Films of All Time".

I used to love Cracker Funk. Worshiped the ground he floated on. Didn't even criticize him when he was using four periods instead of three for ellipses.

I will never love again...

One day there might be hope Adeimantus....(shit i used four) one day.

That's sad because Battlefield Earth is one of the best Science Fiction books of all time...

If they stick to the story and use ILM, that movie would rock. Imagine how it would look today. They couldn't really make the movie properly with the technology they had at the time... But today, it would be great.

I'm also a big fan of Barry Pepper.

Last edited:
That's sad because Battlefield Earth is one of the best Science Fiction books of all time...

If they stick to the story and use ILM, that movie would rock. Imagine how it would look today. They couldn't really make the movie properly with the technology they had at the time... But today, it would be great.

I'm also a big fan of Barry Pepper.

Yeah, they should do it in 3D!

PS: I'd say I love Cracker, too, but I don't want to give him false hope :P

OhNoLady.jpg

They didn't do Iron Man 2 in 3D.

I think it's time for a good laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-Ln_rqPpPk&feature=PlayList&p=251C5FCD7EC043B2&playnext_from=PL&index=40&playnext=1

When used and the end of a sentence, the ellipses comes AFTER the period. Yes, 4 dots is OK. I had to check by the way

http://www.kentlaw.edu/academics/lrw/grinker/LwtaEllipses.htm

'cause its important, Ill not have you maligning CF because of your own ignorance.

You are correct, sir! Although the ellipsis still only has three dots. The fourth dot is not part of the ellipsis, but serves another function, i.e., to indicate a full-stop at the end of a sentence, a "period."

And since a sentence usually completes a thought, why anyone would want to indicate an omission of words, I have no idea. Hesitation, perhaps. The period is, after all, a full-stop. If one is required to count dots to figure out if the sentence is complete, it seems to be self-defeating. There are no missing words.

Ok, CF, you get a pass on that one....

However, here is the screenwriter for "Battlefield Earth" apologizing to the world for the monstrosity (it's a pretty funny apology):

"I Penned the Suckiest Movie Ever -- Sorry!" by J. D. Shapiro

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainme...kiest_movie_ever_sorry_MdXedZpTMWJmfpw80Xc7aO

Last edited:
I also like the em dash quite a bit. I use it in several different ways, including using them in place of ellipses.

I feel like going to the store...you know, to buy some smokes.

I feel like going to the store--you know, to buy some smokes.

See...once you know the rules, you can then break the rules.

ps. I refuse to use a semi-colon.

Back