• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Faux Commercial

The music was extremely loud and the voice was not. I'm really not quite sure the kind of feeling you were trying to give off with this commercial, but it seemed very low budget which is not a bad thing if thats what you were going for.

Well unfortunately it IS low budget but I was hoping it was not that obvious. I'm trying to make a movie people will like. The commercial is kind of a parody of commercials so I guess it's ok to give that vibe but the audio is a problem I cannot figure out. The music I can't edit and the video I lowered because at first it was too loud over the music.

... d'you think it would be better to memorize your script before shooting? Or at least use a teleprompter? How many takes did you do this in anyway?

It wasn't a lines problem I'm just not a very good speaker lol I tend to stutter. But...I have nobody else to do certain roles so I gotta do 'em myself....but to answer the takes question....1

I didn't mean to sound like a grump or rude. I apologize for giving off that vibe. My friends and I started filming with an iPhone and progressed from there. 3 cameras later and about 40 shorts later we now make stuff that is quite respectable. We have absolutely no budgets on our shorts to speak of, so I know how it is, but just because you have low/no budget doesn't mean it has to look it. My suggestion would be do more takes. Get some people who love filming as much as you do and start what I call a production company even if your not doing it for the money. After that just make tons and tons of films/shorts/whatever and have fun. It only gets better with practice. To me the best part of film making is watching our first short, to watching our most recent ones. Its like night and day and it always puts a smile on my face.

No no, I didn't take it like that. I embrace constructive criticism and I love to know what I need to improve. The resources to me are very slim along with willing people. Although my cast is gathering a little larger i just don't live in an area where people want to help with films. I have created a production company but right now it is just me. Although i do make more than documentarys I have a youtube show called "Commercial Guru" And I also have many shorts and films made from over the years. There is ALWAYS room for improvement regardless of how good you are, that is something i strongly believe.

Not sure if you have a craigslist in your area, but that surely helps find other creative people interested in filming.

Ha! I don't blame you but it's safe as long as you meet at a public place. I've gotten quite a few very good paying jobs through it.

Back