• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Stop Motion short "Egg"

Bulletproof egg?! :huh:

lol, I watched the BTS vid, too.

I found it a bit harder to follow than most animations. I think it's because there's no face, or way for the egg to visibly express emotives. (I had to read the text description about "quest for love" to understand it - without that, it's a clockwork egg out exploring)

Well done videos, tbh. Maybe a bit overboard with that DOF in the first video, but definitely watchable - and gets more enjoyable when you know what the egg is after. You should definitely keep this up.

There's a series of similar stop-motion videos that use Transformers battling it out. The person who made them also made a series of BTS videos that shows how he did a lot of it, including wire-removal, masking & even greenscreening certain battles. Forced perspective, as well. I'll see if I can find those BTS for you, 'cos I think you'll find them very useful.

That was really charming! I love stop motion and you did a great job. I agree with Zensteve that the egg wasn't all that personable, but you did a good job animating it. Definitely keep it up!

Im not a stoip motion guy BUT :) You might try focusing on one area and let the egg walk through it. This will give the viewer a sense that it is moving through space. As it was, it seemed the background was moving and the egg was stationary. Is that what Zen meant with DOF??? Otherwise I enjoyed it. Also maybe you could use dry erase markers to give the egg a face. its easily, and quickly changable for those "love encounters" :)

Last edited:
I like he concept , not shure about the 3rd episode though, maby he gets cought in a love trangle between an easter egg and the egg next door (just a plain egg) and has to choose witch one .

Back