• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch 'Green Shoots' - New Mini Sitcom

hello all

I worked on the production of a mini sitcom last year. I was working as the Director/Cinematographer. We shot all the footage needed for 6 ten minute episodes in four days.

We had no crew beyond a mate to hold the boom. the kit is below

Sony HVR A1E
Rode NTG-1 Microphone Kit
Three Ianiro Redheads

This is the first of the six episodes. You need to click 'Our Projects' and then click 'Green Shoots'

http://biteyourthumbproductions.com/

Let me know what you think

I watched the interview and 1st episode. I liked it a lot.
Fun characters, simple set-up, fast pace and solid acting.

It could have been a little funnier for a 1st episode, but I did laugh a few times and don’t doubt it could easily get better as it unfolds. The lighting might have been “prettier” here and there, but considering what you came away with under the time restraints, it’s not the end of the world by a long shot.

Overall nice job on your part, to me it was very smooth for that style (Editing too) and subtle enough to give the writing, characters and acting that room to breathe which lets the simple become very delicately put over the top. I’ll watch the whole series no problem.

-Thanks-

A little bumpy in episode 2, but I didn’t mind. More subtle laughs and spot on writing and acting from David and Rebecca. Polly’s love of a certain fictional character (and company) is a nice touch, made me laugh in this episode.

Please let us know as they become available.

-Thanks-

Thanks Henry.

More laughs in #3. The initial Isabelle scene ends in a little rough patch of acting, but it’s the only one I’ve noticed in 3 episodes, so no big deal at all. Great job by the 1st woman Kieran interviews and Rebecca hits it out of the park in her “Cinderella interview”, very subtle and endearing.

-Thanks-

Another excellent episode.

The story had a bit more scope to it this time and seems a slightly different feel (Not sure what).
I like that other characters are being introduced, and the way the Producer Girl (Or Camera Girl) has been seeping into the episodes is perfect, gives a little breathing room to Kieran and Rebecca. Were you the New Client or Friend of Polly’s? (Both worked well) Friend of Polly’s was subtle, but great in holding back and letting the moment steep in the right awkwardness. New Client was making me laugh. lol

-Thanks-

Another excellent episode.

The story had a bit more scope to it this time and seems a slightly different feel (Not sure what).
I like that other characters are being introduced, and the way the Producer Girl (Or Camera Girl) has been seeping into the episodes is perfect, gives a little breathing room to Kieran and Rebecca. Were you the New Client or Friend of Polly’s? (Both worked well) Friend of Polly’s was subtle, but great in holding back and letting the moment steep in the right awkwardness. New Client was making me laugh. lol

-Thanks-

Thank you for taking the time to watch it, and give some feedback. I really appreciate it.

I was the new client :D

Damn Henry, you are:

A: A solid actor.
B: One heck of a good liar.
C: Were telling the truth. :D

I watched it twice yesterday for your part because of how convincingly you relay the info as if
fact from memory. You answer her a little quickly here and there, but the beats are dead on.

I hope they made you a regular, or if they continue episodes that they make you a regular.

-Thanks-

Damn Henry, you are:

A: A solid actor.
B: One heck of a good liar.
C: Were telling the truth. :D

I watched it twice yesterday for your part because of how convincingly you relay the info as if
fact from memory. You answer her a little quickly here and there, but the beats are dead on.

I hope they made you a regular, or if they continue episodes that they make you a regular.

-Thanks-

Thank you for your kind words; I'm glad you enjoyed the performance. I don't reappear in the rest of this run, but you never know what the future holds

Episode Five is now available, and can be watched by following the link below:

http://vimeo.com/13518854

Once again, I'd like to say that I really appreciate you taking the time to offer feedback ;)

Ooo the dreaded and dramatic “To be continued” episode!

It felt rushed and like an episode was skipped along the way, but the kitchen
scene delivers.

How many episodes are in the series?

-Thanks-

Hell of a finale.
I couldn’t believe she jumped into the water!

I’ll miss this series big time, tons of talent in it.
Thanks for sharing and helping to make it.

-Thanks-

Back