• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch New short film: Patrick's on Acid

Helloo, me and my fellows just made this new short film. It's a comedy and we shot it all in one day, it definitely has some major flaws, but I'd love to hear what feedback you guys have. What works and what doesn't, that sort of thing. Thankssss for your time and I hope you can atleast get a couple laughs out of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMv3b3P5L6o

Hey dude

It's pretty funny, few likes/dislikes. i can see your doing this as a hobby and nothing professional, but you could certainly clean your sequences up and make it more watchable.

dislikes

the shots of the drug dealer are badly exposed, as well as the night time scene. consider buying some cheap flood lights.

feels like your really pushing your personal taste in music into the film. And thats fine to an extent, but you have a whole variety of pop, hardcore, rap songs in there. I get kinda put off listening to the directors favorite songs.

When patricks walking to meet the drug dealer, it's a little too shakey. consider building a DIY steadicam (google it). These will give you smoother camera movements.

sounds isn't mixed well, if it all. don't know how your recording it, but consider recording atmosphere and dialogue separately so you dont get these choppy sounds between shots.

actors are pretty funny, not bad acting as well. The fact that ones buff, skinny and fat is an interesting sort of synergy. "Patrick" does a great job.

"Mark, i can, just not handle you right now. You're just creeping me out. I can't handle you right now" haha, i totally get that when i'm tripping.

blood effects were pretty cool.

good luck in future bro.

Back