Canon EOS Rebel T1i

I sure hope so! I just bought it.

As far as I could tell, these are the only significant downsides -- I've heard it's got more jello-effect than other DSLR's, so don't plan on using it for an action movie. Also, you have to keep in mind the fact that it's sensor is 1.6 times smaller than normal, or something like that, so the magnification factor is different when you use "regular" lenses.

I have a friend with this, and they like its lightweightedness and general ergonomics. However, the camera only shoots full HD (1080p) at 20FPS, which is fairly useless. It shoots 720p at 30p, which is fine enough, but with this and a lack of an external mic output, my friend was ultimately disappointed by it.

Pardon the raining on parades.

Last edited:
I was about to correct you, but then realized I misread the original post. I recently purchased a T2i.

Dude, don't even consider the T1i. Personally, I don't think it matters that it has no audio input. The external audio for the T2i (and all other DSLR's) sounds like crap, and the audio gear you need to buy to be able to make it sound good is more expensive than a digital audio recorder.

What matters is what deepseaengine pointed out. 20p? Lame. You wanna be shooting 24 or 30, depending on what you're using it for.

I hear great things about it...

But only 20fps at 1080? Odd...that's not cool.

To be honest though...my buddies 720p 3ccd HD cam projects on a full size screen just fine...crisp as a summer breeze.

I don't think you *need* 1080...

For the price...you're not getting a better image I think. As far as the jello...that sucks.

yeh itwas what i use. its fine. mic picks up ALL background noise. i have yet to shoot something serious with it yet but as far as video goes its fine. the pictures taken with it are stunning. get a gd lens and youll be fine. its the best one for this price range i would say

yeh itwas what i use. its fine. mic picks up ALL background noise. i have yet to shoot something serious with it yet but as far as video goes its fine. the pictures taken with it are stunning. get a gd lens and youll be fine. its the best one for this price range i would say

This is kinda how Christopher Walken talks...I like it.

:)

I've got the T1i. No creative control for video; it's all automatic. The 720p looks good, but, just like others have said, 1080p is useless. It's only a couple hundred more for the T2i, I believe, and I believe it's worth the difference. I'm really considering selling this thing and upgrading. Also upset about the audio thing, but it's a simpler fix with recording audio separately.

Back