• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch safety first

Wow, this is deep. I look at the screen, and all I see is a perfectly blank white square. Though, you might be going a tad overboard with the symbolism.

To me, I feel like the ultimate point of this movie is to say that nothing is safe. Safety leads to complete nothingness.

This is some really life-reaffirming stuff. I think I feel catharsis coming on.

Haha. I love watching movies in which the filmmakers are clearly having fun. I definitely laughed a few times.

I assume you're looking for critique. First off, who is this "Hugh" guy? And why do you have an issue with him?
I kept hearing in my head, "please give the dog CPR, please give the dog CPR", but then I realized you were doing "Pulp Fiction".
Oh, and I think you scared your poor little doggy.

Aside from some pretty big continuity issues, I think you'd benefit most by adding considerably more variety in your shot selection. Also, I think you might put a little more thought into how you're composing your shots.

I don't mean this next comment as an insult, just an observation. It seems to me like you're just starting out in filmmaking, right? That's great. I'm glad you've begun making movies; it's a lot of fun. Anyway, the reason I point it out is so that I can refer you to my favorite instructional book. It's inexpensive, a very quick read, and extremely helpful.

http://www.amazon.com/Bare-Bones-Camera-Course-Video/dp/0960371818

I'd like to see your next video. Please post it here!

just starting

I noticed some of the things you were saying... our motto keep doing stuff till you get it right ... kinda hard to waste a tape... lol
and yeah the dog scared at one point but she was loving all the attention anyways. She woke me up after the next morning after only getting a few hours of sleep. She want to say HI. The big guy is my bro ... his concept lolz.

Last edited:
Back