• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Consume - Short Film

LSD, ecstacy, meth? which one were you on when you made this?
its... weird... like kind of getting beyond the threshold of clever weird and just weird, weird.
Could you write a logline to this?
im not sure i fully understand it and maybe thats why i dont think its so good. but in terms of setting up scenes, and the audio, then yeh, its great.
is it about some guy who is obssessed with nature and then gets some kind of smurf cum on his face and so he starts trippin out? cuz im sorry, but thats seriously all i got from it.
sorry if that sounded rude but if you wanted honesty, there it is ^^
What was it actually about?

@Smurfy8797 I find it extremely humorous that you made a smurf tainted observation...Smurf yeahhh:D

I'll check out the short whenever it decides to load, sorry bud.

I really liked the coloring of the first shots. It looks like old 16mm or sth but in HD instead. What did you shoot on? How much color grading did you do?

Thankyou for racking your focus. The small in-between parts that were out of focus looked good to me, I liked it :)

Story-wise, I don't get it. Where were you going with this? Why did he eat that stuff? Also the noise at the end went on for too long, IMO. It made it really hard to watch.

If you were going for a trippy disturbed gross-out at the end, you nailed it.

Overall, as an experimental piece, I liked it. As a narrative, you need a story.

Had to view it twice. At first I thought it dragged on just a bit...but second time around...I really had no issues with it. The coloring is superb, the cinematography is pretty good, the editing and sound design = top notch.

Storyline? Well, perhaps that's why its in the experimental section. It obviously doesn't follow any kind of three act structure ...but does it follow Any kind of story? I think symbolism is the key here.

Either way, good film dude.

Oh, my God. This was too funny.

So, I boot up my computer and turn on an online radio station. I haven't selected which station, or which type of music I feel like listening to, yet; I just let it go, and for some reason it takes forever to load. It takes long enough that I forgot I had turned on a radio station.

A few minutes later, I start watching this trippy-ass movie. A couple minutes into the movie, the radio station that I started loaded many minutes ago has finally buffered, and starts playing music. Except, it was of course in a minimized window, so I actually assumed I was listening to the edited musical soundtrack of this video.

I thought to myself, "hmm, that's an interesting musical choice, but I think I like it".

The song that was playing was this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fj2HVYlD_4

Honestly, I think it's pretty awesome when you watch this video with my accidental soundtrack. It's hilarious! Some of the lyrics even match up with the action. It's like "Dark Side of Oz"!

I was really shocked at the quality of the photography in the first minute..the rest wasn't so fun.. being rushed out to the hospital with an epileptic attack, etc.. :D

I really enjoyed this film. Thank you for sharing. This had a simple premise and it told its story well.

I thought it might be an idea to cut to something a little bit more varied than the colour mattes. I thought they worked well the first few times, but they could have been switched up a little bit more.

Also, I felt the tracking shots through the forest before the bottle could have been a little tidier in terms of follow focus etc

I liked the soundscapes you created as well, but as with the colour mattes, it may have been more interesting to break up white-noise a little more, especially during the final onslaught of sound. The sounds wouldn't need to be coherant, but something to create more focal points within the soundscape.

Once again, I really enjoyed this. I'd like to see more of your work

I thought to myself, "hmm, that's an interesting musical choice, but I think I like it".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fj2HVYlD_4

That's too funny!!:lol:

I enjoyed the film. I really liked the look of the first minute or so. The noise thing at the end was a little jarring. And I think high people do not look where they are going so much. Ie. eyes to the ground. Also being more "animal" as you stalked throught he forrest would have been nice.

Back