my latest film

I am in the midst of editing my film "Eve's Song" and thought to upload to youtube a short selection of clips from the film.

I used 100D through out and am very happy with the colours and grain levels. It is a great stock! Remember the compression of youtube does no favours. So far the film is looking to be 27 minutes long, so not really a short film, but I will be editing a version that is closer to 8 minutes.

In a roundabout way, the finished product will be maybe 35 minutes, but the gag reel(shot on MiniDV) is an hour and probably more interesting.....maybe I will not let people see that..

http://mishkin.yolasite.com/eves-song.php

G'day,

Thanks for the comments. I have not considered anamorphic, although I know of a few different methods to achieve it, but for this film I wanted to constrict the actors movemens within the frame. i deliberately set out to do virtually no panning, to try to catch as much action as possible without moving the camera. but then I panned for the shots that needed it...

I updated the site last night with frames from the film:
http://mishpics.yolasite.com/eves-song.php

In all the film has around five lines of dialogue, and the relationship between the characters is evidently stiff, which all goes along with the feeling I am trying to get with the film and the story.

As soon as I finish editing, I will upload a short version to vimeo.
thanks for looking,

cheers, Gareth

Cool frame grabs.

I like the variety of shots you got. The roll 4 0004 is great.
The location, costumes and look of the actors come together really well too.

I can’t wait to see what you upload.

-Thanks-

Thanks for the positive feedback,

I was quite happy with the shot, roll 4 004, I wanted the film to be hard lit, by either the sun or artificial. in the whole film I used no reflectors, just the sun and 1000watt non barn doored lights.

The set took me 6 months to find, and almost two years to negotiate, luckily for me the actors were the easy part.

Concerning other video clips on the site, there is one each on the pages named "Echo of Shadows", "Storm" and "Destiny Mine"

Only small easy to download snippets.

Thanks for looking, any comments on the site information is welcome too.

cheers, Gareth

I have just uploaded a 10 minute version of the film "Eve's Song". We finished shooting around four months ago in the north of Victoria, Australia. The film was shot entirely on Super8 100D silent film. Dialogue, thankfully little of it, is yet to be added, as is the sound track.

The full version is 26 minutes, and will be cut down to around 15 minutes for entry into short film festivals. (possibly shorter)

The film was shot using a Canon 1218 and canon 814.

The 10 minute version can be seen via: http://www.vimeo.com/13175831
Individual frames can be seen via: http://mishkin.yolasite.com/eves-song.php

I hope people will have a look and let me know what they think, positive input is always a good place to start.. ;)

I think 100D is a great film, sharp will awesome colour rendition, I hope it lasts a long time.

I understand you are still editing, so I assume it’s a simple oversight (but if not), when he walks down the road (1:12) why not just continue with him passing (1:38) instead of he stops and looks (1:27), and move/work he stops and looks into part of he stands at the entrance posts 1:50?

I love the shots at 2:26 - 3:28 – 5:35 – 5:48 – 7:20 – and the final scene.

I’m interested in how you’ll pull it all together with the music and final edit.

-Thanks-

Thanks for the positive feedback.

I admit the male character does seem a little out of place just stopping on the road, looking, and then going up the driveway. In the long version, he comes to a stop, takes his hat off to wipe his brow, looks along the road into the distance, then looks to the house. In all around a minute, that I too hastily cut down without tidying it up a little. At the time I have a variety of codecs wrestling for supremacy on my computer, slowing everything down! It was frustrating to say the least!

A word of warning when downloading packs of codecs!

I am not sure if I can get the full completed version up to vimeo, I worry that the size of the file will put people off looking at it, as in Australia we have to pay for uploads and downloads.

Thanks for the looking, I will try to get the full version up soon.

cheers, Gareth

Back