Crew for Short Film incl. VFX/CGI people - QLD

Hi I am a Brisbane-based producer/director and I am seeking some crew for an upcoming short film. The short will be a precursor to a feature which I hope to put into production in 2011. The short is intended to demonstrate technical capabilities and the overall style and tone of the feature.

Production will take place in early October and will be largely 'on the road', involving a drive from Brisbane to Alice Springs and attending a motorcycle race at the NT Masters Games. All travel and accommodation costs will be covered. We have a truck fitted out with a complete production setup to take with us on the journey.

At this stage I am seeking people for pre-production and development of visual effects techniques. These roles include:

PRODUCTION MANAGER
PRODUCTION COORDINATOR
VISUAL EFFECTS SUPERVISOR

Experience in these roles is not absolutely necessary, but some experience with general filmmaking and/or good organisational skills are highly desirable. For the Visual Effects Supervisor some knowledge of green screen techniques and composition or an eagerness to learn these skills is essential. Other roles such as Cinematographer, Camera Assistant, Sound Recordist and other production crew positions will also need to be filled in coming months so let me know if you are interested.

This film will suit anyone who is just starting out in filmmaking and wishes to gain more experience, as we'll be using a range of fairly high-end equipment and utilising some tricky visual effects techniques. People wanting to gain some experience in post production such as editing and visual effects are also welcome. Crew positions are voluntary as we have limited financial resources, however paid positions may become available if the short is successful in getting us funding for the feature.

For more info, visit www.darkroadmedia.com/dustdevils or send an email to contact{at}darkroadmedia{dot}com

Back