buying camera

hi,

i'd like to get some opinions on buying camera.

what would you do with the budget of ten, five, or three grands (us dollar)?

it might be vague but i just want to know.

it'd be grateful if you name the specific models and its price.

thank you.

canon 5d vs canon xha1s.

what would you say?

what would be the finest brand for digital motion picture cameras besides the mainstream ones like canon, as leica is for still photography.

First of all, a disclaimer: I am NOT the expert on this subject.

That being said, it is my opinion that the traditional video camera, like the xha1s is very close to being obsolete. DSLR's shoot very well in low light, you can actually play with depth of field, and you're shooting at 24FPS, progressive. And that all comes at a budget that we can afford? Awesome. DSLR kills all other video formats, in my opinion.

I'm with Cracker Funk on this - if you're shooting drama on a relatively low budget, I don't really think you can go wrong with a DSLR. There are still issues with some of them (jello effect, overheating) and you will need a fair few accessories to get the most out of them (variety of lenses, follow focus, maybe a monitor) but their low-light performance is unrivaled and they produce stunningly cinematic imagery.

canon 5d or even the 7d as there is now the firmwir downloads for both so you can shoot in 24 fps get a few lenses on ebay or amazon get the rode mic attachment

I'd disagree on getting a Røde Videomic to attach to the camera shoe, benj09 - it's fine where recording sound separately is impractical, but for shooting drama on a DSLR I think you need an external audio recorder really.

Back