• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch BY CHANCE: a Boston-based webseries

Hello filmmakers and friends!

BY CHANCE Boston is a 20 episode webseries dedicated to telling stories that deal with real people in the surrounding Boston area. The scripts are deliberate, the situations real, and the soundtrack a nod to modern artists. ByChance Boston is an introduction to Beyond Measure Films and an ode to city life – from a childhood romance to the road of rehabilitation to the lengths we’ll go to to protect the ones we love – ByChance speaks to the modern nuances that we know as daily life. And like things involving life and humanity, the actions of one ultimately effect the story of others…by fate, by coincidence, By Chance.

Have a look. You can find me in episodes 5, 6 and 18 (in case you were interested).

Thank you.

http://beyondmeasureproductions.com/?p=209

I just watched ep 18. You did a great job there. I wanted to follow up more the story of the guy than the girl. Mainly towards the end of the session, there is some tension that is lost on the next scene.
She looks good on camera, but looks a bit plain initially. Afterwards she's great too.

Funny that time is up on an akward time, like 6:39 :)

Very well produced and the shots are great.

For me the only downside is the little girl's script.
She'shard to believe, but that happens with most children in films anyway.
I mainly don't like when kids play too clever in their script, they act too mature and looks fake.
Kids very rarely use irony, here the kid script over does it.

I also saw the chess game (part 1), you played great and it was nicely produced. I liked more the story of chapter 18 though, it has more "meat".

I really hope that this series get further distributed, it's a really nice and interesting project.

Thank you for the response and the feedback.

The opening scene of ep 18 with me and the psychiatrist is a scene I'm very proud of. Jessica Webb (the girl who plays the shrink) is one of my favorite local actors...she's amazing. I can see how you might say she is 'plain', but honestly (and I'm not justifying) I think she played it perfectly. Very small...very subtle...but if you look closely there is a lot of subtext because what we are talking about hits home...it's very personal to her. She holds back. And yes, later you see her open up a little more with her family...a wonderful performance.

Yes, the little girl is very clever...but I don't think too clever. I've seen some kids say some pretty intelligent things. And remember, her mom is a shrink, so it seems natural to me that she analyzes her mom and the situation. Both her parents have PHDs--her father is a professor, and she is a psychiatrist. I think the child did a great job actually...again not me justifying, but I do see what you mean, I really do.

Thank you again for the feedback. I am not discounting what you say, I'm just expressing my personal opinion.

I didn't intend to criticize too much. I liked it, really. And rest assure I had played your role I would have done it worse :) I would have film the whole thing, also it would be worse... and if i had written the script... well, that one would have been sillier and worse :)

As I said, she's great, she looks nice on the screen and she can act. Jealous of the director now.

Really you should be proud of the production you got.
It's far easier to say what could be done better (in my opinion) than doing it yourself.

I didn't intend to criticize too much. I liked it, really. And rest assure I had played your role I would have done it worse :) I would have film the whole thing, also it would be worse... and if i had written the script... well, that one would have been sillier and worse :)

As I said, she's great, she looks nice on the screen and she can act. Jealous of the director now.

Really you should be proud of the production you got.
It's far easier to say what could be done better (in my opinion) than doing it yourself.

No no no...you didn't criticize to much...not at all. I was just imparting my own opinion. I love feedback...negative or postive.

Thank you.

I only watched Episode 20 'Secrets' [Part 2].

I had to click five links to watch this movie which was extremely annoying.

The set between :22 -> 4:00 is very dull looking. Some color correction would most likely help.

@1:45 she blends into the background.

Up to 4:00 the acting seemed okay, started off well but then it really started to slide as the scene went on.

Story up to 4:00, is just a bunch of talking heads. It's boring and I really could care less about either. I mean I just watched 4 minutes of two people arguing with no action, no interesting cuts or camera movements and fair acting at best. 4:00 minutes! With no laughs, a really depressing scene and the washed out look and I have to admit, I'm not going to continue watching this Episode.

The sound at one point seemed okay but then when watching her grab the keys I heard nothing when the close up was shown. Also, wasn't a TV on during this entire argument? Was it on mute?

I think a lot of work can be done on this one. Not sure about the other episodes but I suspect a lot of work will be needed for those too.

Back