• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch NEW ZEALAND SHORT FILM

Hi guys,

Here in NZ we have a film competition called V48HOURS. We are currently in the online popularity portion of the contest and i need the most views by 30 May 2010. Please watch my film and pass it on!

http://www.vimeo.com/11352322

What is V48hours?
V48hours is a film competition in New Zealand, where filmmakers are given a genre and 4 elements and then attempt to write, shoot, edit and hand in a short film within 48hours.

Team: Loaded Gunn

Genre: Bio-pic

Elements were:
Line of dialogue: When you look at it that way
Character: Sydney Manson (A Fabricator)
Object: Broken toy
Shot: Dolly zoom

Like I've said plenty of times before, 48 hour film fests are not on the top of my list. I was hesitant at first to look over your film but since I've seen many of these over the past month I decided why the hell not.

In general you folks did a fine job. Lighting could have been better; it was too dark in some locations and flat in many other locations. Nothing really creative in this film with lighting but I guess the story didn't really demand it. Also the amount of time makes it tough to have good lighting but that is your decision to shackle yourself with this festival concept. I prefer taking the time and thinking how lighting can enhance the story for the audience.

Sounds seemed fine. I liked how you folks set up the sound (music) when she was in the kitchen and looking at the empty bottles.

Editing was fine.

Framing of shots and continuity was fine. Nice shot at 6:08.

Acting was good. Female actress did do a good job but there were a few shots which I think she could have been better while acting drunk.

I think in general, it was well done. A little bland but I guess when you don't give yourself enough time you get what you get. Good luck in the future to you all.

Last edited:
Back