View Full Version : Renting out my camera rig.. how to insure?

05-18-2010, 04:34 AM
Hey folks I am planning to rent out my 7D camera rig to bring in some extra cash when not using it. The rig is pretty expansive, including 8" monitor, Redrock shoulder mount and Shoot 35 follow focus... and more.

I am in the UK, and cannot seem to find out how one would go about insuring the gear for hire. Any thoughts on this?



05-18-2010, 09:04 AM
You insure it through an insurance company, but im not sure if it works the same way in the UK.

You can always rent it out and yourself as a 'tech', and go along with the camera to the set and you'll be able to take care of your gear, and can help with any problems.

Then make some connections, and land some more sales :)

05-18-2010, 03:47 PM
Hey man,

I have both equipment cover and Public Liability insurance through the company in the link above. I'm also based in the UK, so there's no worries about rules being different across the pond.

Hope this helps