what camera is better?

Hi, goldy
I was also going thru this confusing state until I found out my requirements.
think what r ur objectives & then only better one can be defined.

There are several types under which camera is classified i.e depending upon their resolution, picture quality & storage etc...
Now take up ur question......camera with video tape or HDD,SD,SDHC compatible camera?

In terms of picture quality, as far as I know, its best in tapes but at the same time its quite cumbersome in storing & a bit expensive.

But in HDD, SD, SDHC, u have the comfort of shooting out without worrying about tapes & all. But at the same time, remember that the storage is limited....so u need to transfer to a PC or burn it DVD's for further shooting..

miniDV systems, even Hi-Def, record to tapes which must then be captured into editing software in real time. In other words, you hook your camera up to your computer, play the footage you want to use, and record it onto your computer's hard drive while it plays.

Memory card cameras record to a removable card. You can then just hook your camera up to your computer and drag and drop the footage (or place the card in your computer's card reader) without having to play it in real time.

Advantages of a miniDV camera are an automatic archiving of your footage (just file the tapes away in a cool and dry place) and the necessity of reviewing your footage...you can review it while you are capturing it. Disadvantages include a motor inside the camera to wind the tape, which eats battery and includes a (miniscule) amount of motor noise.

Advantages of a memory-card camera are the ease of dragging and dropping an extended battery life. Disadvantages are the sometimes problematic archiving (you have to empty those cards to reuse them, so have you identified what every clip is?)

I use both and haven't declared a winner yet.

Back