• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Looking for Screenwriters for Short Films

I'm currently working on the post production of my first no-budget short film (part II of a three part series, yeah I pulled a Lucas and started in the middle.) For 10,000 marines I wrote (in Celtx), produced, directed and now working on post-production. It was a lot of work and a great learning experience, however now I'm trying to separate out the work so that i can focus in on producing/directing/Post with FXs.

What I found was that I'm pretty good a writing short scenes and short films (<5-minutes) but on the longer stuff I need help because the process takes too long/complex and I have other movie tasks to complete. Therefore I'm looking for a screenwriter / co-writer for my next film(s).

I am currently working on some treatments (story in a few pages + character concepts + what I have to work) for a few film ideas I want to shot over the next few months. http://www.hayphoto.ca/HPFP/Future/

1. Prequel (Tiger Wars) and Sequel (20,000 Marines) to my original short film.
- Each is ~25minutes long for a total of around 75 minutes for all three combined.
- I'm hoping to shot these at the same time in order to ensure I maintain the same pool of lead actors.

2. Super-heroine movie (think a cross between Spirit/Sincity style, with Kick-Ass and Mystery Men)
- Ideally a longer movie, 45-72 minutes.

What I need is someone to write the scripts from those treatments so that I can focus on getting the first movie out the door and start production on the next film; I'm hoping to have minimal interference, just ensuring that I can shoot what they write.

I'm willing to negotiate compensation, however I'll state that I deal in honorariums/fixed numbers rather than residuals (so non-union gig), and I only do no-budget productions so you know the drill (cheap is good, free is better).

General Questions should be asked here in this forum post, offers/negotiations should be via PM and Email.

Thanks,

Graeme
HayPhoto.ca Film Productions

Last edited:
Back