hey Gonzo

yes sir, I am fine. My house is near a river, but no issues. It did take me 3.5 hours to get from Murfreesboro to Nashville on saturday to call a Roller derby bout.

These guys are friends of mine, and this is an especially funny one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oci7DzLWyDA
:rofl:

Hope I'm not butting in on your guys' conversation, but that video was pretty funny :) One question: were they hamming up their accents? I've just never heard someone with that strong of a southern accent talk that fast... :P

This is actually the first I've heard of the flooding so yeah, the media isn't doing a good job :( Glad to hear you guys are ok :)

:rofl:

Hope I'm not butting in on your guys' conversation, but that video was pretty funny :) One question: were they hamming up their accents? I've just never heard someone with that strong of a southern accent talk that fast... :P

This is actually the first I've heard of the flooding so yeah, the media isn't doing a good job :( Glad to hear you guys are ok :)

They talk like my (very country) mother. Their natural accents aren't quite that thick, but there sure are people around here with accents even thicker than that.

One of the two water treatment plants was flooded, and the other was within 6 inches before water started to recede (which would have meant no drinking water), the damage is in the billions, entire downtown underwater, as many as 30 or more dead. It's barely been mentioned on the national news.

Those guys are from my hometown, Murfreesboro, TN, but they live in LA now. The guy who plays "jackie" (the old one) is only 41, he grays his beard for the show.

I feel for all the folks in that area. My studio was flooded in April '07, almost $100k in damages not to mention all of the personal stuff I lost (like my collection of about 500 sci-fi books, over 700 LPs and memorabilia from almost 30 years of performing - pictures, videos, DATs and cassettes). It took almost four months to finish clean-up and procure financing, and another 10 months to rebuild. And my flooding was nothing compared to what folks are seeing in that part of the country.

I heard that Trew Audio in Nashville was hit hard, and that would have serious repercussions in the music, film and TV production industries if it was true.

From where they are located Alcove I bet they were. The rental house I use for my lights and other gear is pretty close to the river too, but on a hill, so hopefully they are ok.

I'm watching the stuff on TV, and my heart goes out to all those out there.

Good to hear you're doing well Gonzo! :)

It has been an absolute disaster. You can watch You Tube vids all day and get coverage unlike the national media problem we've had. And none of you are intruding on the conversation, you're welcome to join in.

Here's my share of it all...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJlQOI8rz5U

Yea, I meant for Gonzo (and you) that you were okay-not that "things" were good (obviously they're not:blush:)

I hear you about the media-they can be very selective in what they show. Watching some of the youtube stuff (I'll check out yours as well), and it's very different from thethe media give a who give a "it doesn't look so bad from this angle"-its only watching the videos on youtube that you really get an idea of how bad it really is.

Heart goes out to all you out there.

Back