• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Showreel and Filmschool

Hey there, my brother and I run a production company in the UK called Elliander Pictures.

We're obviously trying to develop more contacts for future work. Below is a link to our showreel:
(i know youre not supposed to link to other sites but as the showreel is on vimeo im not sure how to embed it)

http://www.ellianderpictures.co.uk/

We also run a film school on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/REELOnlineFilmSchool

Let me know what you think of our content and if you're interested in our services please feel free to contact us :)

This site is great :)
x

Really nice stuff :)

I checked out 'Company We Keep' (cuz those frames really stood out to me in the reel, lol), I really liked the style with the lighting and colors. The song was great, too, it had a nice swing and got me dancin' :D

EDIT: btw, what do you use for those 'flying' shots? And what do you use stabilization wise? Your shots were very smooth.

:crosses fingers that it's a DIY thing: lol

Hey, thanks for your support :)

Great to hear that you liked the music vid, we're currently in post production of another video so that should be up soon enough.

Unfortunately the equipment we used wasnt a DIY fix...instead we hired a steadicam for the day, off the budget. Now there are many ways of stabilizing your shots without a steadicam so a quick youtube search should give you several options. My bro and I are actually going to be making a "Make your own Steadicam" video for our "Reel Deal" Youtube channel in the near future.

Thanks again for you kind words
x

Yeah I think I've seen every youtube video on the subject :P Hopefully you guys have a new way of doing it :)

If you want to make a really original tutorial you should do a 'how to walk with a steadycam' vid. I made one out of pvc and I find it helps to walk like you're doing tai chi or something :)

Hahah yeah i know what you mean about the tai chi, you've got to use your legs and arms to dampen any movement haha...it does make you look rather silly :S The thing we do for our art eh?!

And thanks Tinalera, its great to hear what people have to say. If you've found the youtube channel useful please help us expand it by telling people you think might be interested in it. Our goal is to create a community of film makers on youtube, similar to this forum :)

Thanks again
x

Back