Great news!!!

OMG OMG OMG!!!

Betty White is hosting SNL! It's actually happening! The power of BookFace prevails!!

http://www.hulu.com/watch/145822/saturday-night-live-snl-promo-betty-white

No, but seriously, I can't wait, it's gonna be good. And between Zack Myers and Kristin Wigg, SNL has been getting a new groove, I just hope they don't pull and punches with the sketches and Betty needs to be in most if not all of them. lol.

Can you believe she never hosted before? You would think she would have during her MTM heyday, she was a big comedian. But then again, she might have been perceived of as 'too old' for SNL back then. It's funny how much older she is now and the young generation embraces her....

[/rant]

Opinions are solicited :)

Betty was a lot of fun.

I think the best skit was with Tina Fey as (Census Worker) straight man.

Shannon, Gasteyer, Dratch, Rudolph and to a lesser extent Fey and Polher showing up was kind of awkward, but at the same time none failed to pull their comedic weight. (Rudolph giving her usual 120 % as Whitney Houston was great.)

I feel they dropped the ball on the Digital Short, but I’m glad they got Betty White, she was great.

Ultimately, I hope her appearance paves the way for SNL (after 35 seasons) to finally get Carol Burnett.

Year after year has been a comedic crime without having her just once.

-Thanks-

Betty was a lot of fun.

I think the best skit was with Tina Fey as (Census Worker) straight man.

Shannon, Gasteyer, Dratch, Rudolph and to a lesser extent Fey and Polher showing up was kind of awkward, but at the same time none failed to pull their comedic weight. (Rudolph giving her usual 120 % as Whitney Houston was great.)

I feel they dropped the ball on the Digital Short, but I’m glad they got Betty White, she was great.

Ultimately, I hope her appearance paves the way for SNL (after 35 seasons) to finally get Carol Burnett.

Year after year has been a comedic crime without having her just once.

-Thanks-

I enjoyed that a lot. I wish they hadn't brought back all the old cast members, I think it cheapened Betty's appearance and made it more into a spectacle.

A lot of the sketches made me laugh but I really feel that they underutilized her.

Yeah the Census sketch was good, but IMO Walken/Meadows did it better, and it had this awkward timing where it seems like maybe it was a split screen and that Tina and Betty were not doing it at the same time...

If you want Carol Burnett, you gotta start the facebook page! I'd join. :)

I didn't see it. Betty White rocks. Take that all you wannabe tv stars of the reality world! Betty White has more kick in her than most if not all those twenty somethings that look like something out of the Twilight Zone. They should be boxed and shelved at Toys R Us.

What is she - 80 something? She is in the same energy zone as Ernest Borgnine. He is 93 and still working.
I love it.

You are right it DID cheapen it. I was just being nice. I thought it was in very poor taste for them to hijack it like that, but at least they were still funny as they did.

-Thanks-

I don’t see anything new in her, but I didn’t really expect to either.

From time to time there are the celebrities that fall back into the spotlight with a push of pop culture like Tom Jones or William Shatner, and obviously her hosting is in part due to that kind of push, but when it was Go Time she hit the stage walking that tightrope of will it get laughs or will it bomb same as ever, and at 88+ with nothing to prove to anyone, I give her a lot of credit for never losing what it takes to do that.

-Thanks-

You all see something in Betty that I don't. I don't understand why so many people are crazy for her.

To each his own but think ' Sue Ann Nivens' on the MTM show. What a bitch and slut...opposite to her Golden Girls show. Lets not forget Mama's family.

I think Brad Pitt is an over rated actor but thats just me (and his girlfriend and ex wife I think are also over rated in the talent department, again, to each his own)

Back