• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch THE RAVEN

Watched it from a link on another board. It looks really good, but more a production reel than a "short". without the blurb that explains it you'd have no idea why anything was happening.

Wow. Awesome. Can't wait to see the next two parts.

That was so seamless. And I especially like the concept art, the little mini x-wing fighter-looking robo-cops. Really cool. :)

Thanks for sharing.

Very nice. Sound +1. I'm with Gonzo, however. Much more creative ways to tell the story so the audience knows what's happening.

I can tell he likes Minority Report and Star Wars ;)

My only complaint story-wise is that I don't know WHO he is or why I should care. everything about the oppressive society is clearly in the visual storytelling.

I dig it a lot. The cinematography is amazing too.

Well, maybe that is the exact effect he wanted to make:

"WHO IS HE? I WANT TO KNOW MORE!!!"

I still think Minority Report should sue :)

Level of polish is amazing. The art direction is pretty good. But why would you bother with levitating a car to smash the bot, why not just directly levitate the bot and smash it. Just nitpicking on a really awesome piece of work. kudos to who ever made this. Also that parkour was pretty fucking pro.

My only complaint story-wise is that I don't know WHO he is or why I should care. everything about the oppressive society is clearly in the visual storytelling.

I dig it a lot. The cinematography is amazing too.

Full agreement. Plus, if he has the force, why doesn't he just make the police robots smash into a wall?

Nevertheless, very impressive.

They have storyboards and other cool stuff on their FACEBOOK page.

24869_110976918941075_110828695622564_68999_5938475_n.jpg

Well, maybe that is the exact effect he wanted to make:

"WHO IS HE? I WANT TO KNOW MORE!!!"

I agree with this opinion. No doubt. It's just the pilot. I got a good idea why the government doesn't like him...he has powers. He said, 'Why?'...meaning, he thinks he's innocent. That's very telling. And he has powers...so they are probably threatened. It's enough for me to want more, and it's enough story for a pilot.

Last edited:

Exactly. Apart from the blurb we don't why he's doing it. We need to care (Save the Cat) and we need to know where he's going and what's at stake. (He needs to reach the safe house before his friend dies etc etc.) Both those things could be sorted out with a minute of extra footage, or just a quick voiceover. Maybe the voiceover could come from the bad guys. That'd work.

"Suspect is attempting to XXXX" Don't just tell us where he's going, tell us why.

The rest of the film was pretty inspiring. I hope someone gives them a couple of hundred grand to make it full length.

Minor Points

- I would like to see the robots voices improved, they sounded a bit pedestrian.
- The eye glowing bit is cheesy.
- I'd like to see him have weaker superpowers. X Files level instead of Matrix.

A great film though...

Last edited:
Back