Producer seeks Interns

Hate to be a stick in the mud but how does dealing with Facebook, twitter, myspace, your emails, and the website help you with learning how to produce a movie (I ask because that sounds exactly like a secretaries' job than an intern)? I've worked in marketing and PR before, as a co-op (intern) in hi school, and got school credit for it and some cash, also learned a whole lot about marketing an public relations. But then I was helping with far more advance projects then sitting on facebook all day. (Wait until I get the 10,000 Marines done and you will see how well I do marketing, but that is an aside.)

I just when though the production process and although I had to do those things (email people), I already knew how to do them and I think by now most people do. Doesn't sound like a learning experience in movie production compared to budgeting, sourcing talent, prop design, costume acquisition, arranging shoot lists, working on-site productions problem solving production issues as they arise.

Personally I would of targeted this towards the marketing crowd, as that is more their expertise. Of course they might want to get paid for it, who knows!

Last edited:
Hate to be a stick in the mud but how does dealing with Facebook, twitter, myspace, your emails, and the website help you with learning how to produce a movie (I ask because that sounds exactly like a secretaries' job than an intern)?
Welcome to Hollywood.

And Chicago. And New York.

Any city that has a lot of production has a lot of
people pushing and shoving to get a foot in. A
prodCo like Soleil Films doesn't need to pay a
marketing person or a secretary do marketing -
especially on social networks - because they can
find people willing to work for free.

My assumption is Soleil Films doesn't have the
track record with the local school system to be
able to offer school credits. They are currently
only making shorts, although they have a feature
in development. Which is why they need an intern.

Wow:weird:, I did not know that. Fathom people working for free on my movie's menial jobs :director:. Guess I'm in the wrong city/country.

Hey floros,

I'll add my 2 cents before you get banned.

A) What is your exchange from your company to the slaves you create? A Possibility of being paid at a later date?
B) Do you teach spelling as well?:
An opportunity to learn about producyng and marketing.
C) If you took the time to read the other posts on this forum, you'd see we help newcomers and give some of the best advice I've seen given on the net. I mainly give advice because I don't want to see other people make the mistakes I have made myself and thus learned from.

A company, to be good, has to have some tangible exchange with it's customers. Trying to get people to work for you for free on some c-rate film or job AND which is promoted on forums and isn't exactly appealing which is why these people are being a bit skeptical.

And, I think any skeptical ideas have now been affirmed because these people actually didn't post anything particularly antagonistic, but your explosion of "leet forum dood" rage shows your true colors.

I think I speak for everyone here that you're not welcome here anymore.

Goodbye.

Is that all you people do? Be nasty?
No. That's not all us people do. Here on indietalk we
express our opinions and we have discussions without
calling each other names or shouting.
You don't know anything about our company.
And you had a wonderful opportunity to tell us a little
about your company. Instead you shout us down, you
call us names, you make accusations and you use the
sarcasm you accuse us of using.

It's too bad. I know I have lost any interest I may have
had in knowing anything about you or your company.
Not because you are looking for an intern - as you see
I understand that all prodCos here in LA us interns - but
because you fly off the handle so quickly.

Back