Adapting nikon lenses to canon EOS

So, what would be the best ring adapter for this function??.... i want to adapt every kind of lenses, from 18mm wide angle, to 200mm telephoto....

The adapter is the same regardless. Encinema (http://www.vid-atlantic.com/EnCinema35.html) sells the adapter for 20 bucks. There isn't an option on the site to just buy that alone, but just email the guy, he's real nice and quick to respond.

Or just do a search on eBay. You're looking at paying between 15 and 40 dollars for it, depending on the seller, the quality and the kind. You'll probably want one with the extra glass in it so that you can still get infinity focus.

Yes that is what I was talking about. I was saying you should email the owner of that website I linked to above because he sells those adapters(not the 35mm adapter, he also sells those but he sells the nikon to eos ring adapter too). He also knows what he's talking about and really nice if you have questions.

I have one more question which is not exactly about nikon lenses, i want to know if there are Matte Boxes that can work with every kind of lens, from wide angle to telephoto, i'm looking for a cheap one but good, ¿does anybody knows about this?...

Matte boxes mount onto iris rods and the front element of the lens slips into them through the donut. The donuts are in varying sizes so you can use whatever lens you want with the matte box. To account for different lengths (physical, not focal) of lens, you just adjust where on the iris rods the matte box is sitting.

They also range greatly in price, so that will likely be your deciding factor. The "cheapest" matte box that is still worth using probably comes from RedRock. Anything cheaper is likely to be crap. There's a chance you could find a better one used at a similar price to a new RedRock matte box. I am also often proven wrong on this sort of thing, so maybe someone else knows of a budget matte box setup that is worth using.

Last edited:
Back