• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch What started it all

This was the first film I worked on. My wife read about a contest for short films and decided she wanted to enter. Gig is, the deadline was in a few days. The entire project, from "Let's make a movie" to putting the finished product in the mail, was completed in one weekend. She wrote, directed, cast and shot the film while I did the editing and sound design... and in the process I fell in love with editing. Also during that weekend, I had to tear the computer apart, add a new video card and a firewire card so we could get the footage out of the camera and into the comp, install the editing software (Video Wave 4) and figure out how to make That work, and find a suitable door sound as the bit we recorded during filming wasn't usable. It was an insane weekend that changed my life forever. Shortly after this bit I dropped out of Culinary Institute (which didn't please my wife too much) and enrolled in NYFA. Despite the fact that I could be making mega bucks as a high end baker right about now, I have zero regrets.
Direct link to A Subway Tale
[QT]http://www.torbtown.com/demo/subway_tale.mov[/QT]

Back