• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch A Game Of Pool (Short Film)

A Game Of Pool
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaaBXrH6Lyk

A bartender challenges his first and only customer who arrives at his empty bar to a game of pool as he opens up a crisp Budweiser during a slow, rainy evening in their city.

Starring: Sebastian Pedrick & Cody Benesta
Filmed, Edited & Directed by Jon Edwards
Music: Eddie Henderson - Nostalgia, Time & Space, & Dark Shadow from the album Heritage (1975)
Made with the Canon T2i/550D in HD

Some nice shots in there, but what I'm missing is a story...your centerpiece is a game of pool but there was no tension. Just balls falling into pockets, interestingly photographed, but I didn't find myself caring about who's belonged to whom. It was only when the bartender lined up the 8 ball that I knew who was ahead, but by then neither I nor the actors even seemed to care.

Likewise with the opening...I have a feeling you want to create a sense of loneliness or solitude (what with the choice of music) but it was rushed. He opens and tosses the keys and looks outside and he appears to be in a hurry while what I have a feeling you want to create is a sense of boredom or sadness.

Both actors were stiff, too...almost winking at the camera as if to say "is this right? Am I walking right?"

Brilliantly and beautifully shot, but ask yourself how you could make me care more about these two?

(I absolutely love your "Heavy Hittas" tagger...as soon as I saw that leaf I remembered you)

I think you did a great job of showing a game of pool. You got some nice shots, although most that weren't right around the table were a bit too dark, IMO. I agree with Uranium, you're missing a story. Or at least a twist at the end. Like why not do a freaky friday ending and since the one guy lost, he is now forced to run the bar in hell for eternity....

Nice draw on that 8-ball shot, btw :)

Back