X instead of image

Don't know if this is an "error", but when I try to put a still photo in a thread, I get the X. I also just read something about administrators activiating the pic, I guess they have to approve it? That's fine by me, just a pic illustrating an editing mask, but just so I know for future.

Were you trying to upload it from your computer? I think you need to have the image hosted somewhere on the internet. Flickr is a free place, if you're interested :)

Correct.

Or Premiere members can upload pics.

Were you trying to upload it from your computer? I think you need to have the image hosted somewhere on the internet. Flickr is a free place, if you're interested :)

Actually I was doing from Facebook, unless I'm missing something like I did with the youtube that you pointed out? :huh:

I copy and pasted the link to the insert, and hit insert. And I got the X.

home.php

Like this. Do I need to remove the "facebook" part of the link?

I think you need to upload the file to somewhere besides facebook. Your URL from the facebook file is probably ending in .html or .php. And for the code to work to insert an image, it needs to end in .bmp/.jpg/.gif etc.

You can try just putting the link the message (no image tags), but if it's on facebook, most of us probably won't be able to see it. Either because of not having an account, or not being friends with you on there.

So I would upload to a flickr account and then post the link, or link directly with the img tags to put it right in here.

I think you need to upload the file to somewhere besides facebook. Your URL from the facebook file is probably ending in .html or .php. And for the code to work to insert an image, it needs to end in .bmp/.jpg/.gif etc.

You can try just putting the link the message (no image tags), but if it's on facebook, most of us probably won't be able to see it. Either because of not having an account, or not being friends with you on there.

So I would upload to a flickr account and then post the link, or link directly with the img tags to put it right in here.
4496956981_1326319d8c_s.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49074003@N03/4497591492/

That's the URL....

Last edited:
You're just not linking correctly. Right click on the image to find the URL.

Thanks for the suggestions....I'll figure out what I'm doing wrong somehow lol.

In the meantime I just use links from Flickr....I know I'm missing SOMETHING basic, but what I am not sure lol

Link to the image, not the page.

Link to the image, not the page.

I'm getting the hang of it, though when I click on the thumbnail (with has bmp at the end) it works like above, but the big

4496956981_1326319d8c.jpg

YAY!!!!!

Had to change the size of the pic to get to work and get the jpg.
:woohoo:

Thanks to all! I will bake you all fresh cookies(though they might not be fresh when you get them ;)

Back