SteadiShot Review

We do use the body Mounted unit with articulated arm, works flawlessly I can post links when I get back home (out working) if you follow the link above there is footage posted there. It is a great unit for sure

You can make a DIY version of the cheaper models that OP linked to. But without the body vest thing, I would imagine your arms would get tired very fast.

I just made a shoulder mount out of pvc, just need to get some pvc cement to get it to stop creaking on me and I'll be good to go. It's not perfect, but it gets rid of at least 75%(I'm being conservative here) of shakyness when moving. Panning from a or holding at a standstill is even better results. I'm trying to come up with a design to make a support (still out of pvc) that is hands free (thinking about doing over both shoulders, with two pvc 'straps' horizontally in front and the actual camera support in the middleish and attatched to both horizontal bars). It'll be a lot of trial and error, but good thing pvc is cheap!

Best Of luck with your homemade version. The secret to the smooth shot is the articulated arm, I have tried several hard mounted units in the past and the footage was alittle better however nothing I would use. With the arm we are able to go up and down stairs withe exelent footage also I have done footchases with it and used the footage with no post correction. The price may be a bit much for most on here but if you are serious about what you do it is the only way to go. I make films for a living so I have learned you have to spend it to make it

Back