• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Life Wins

Mick Waters has waited his whole life for the big score. He's swindled and blackmailed anyone he could in order to achieve his life-long goal. He is finally close to getting what he has always wanted. However, Mick could have never imagined that he would have to go through an abortion clinic in order attain his riches. Life Wins is a dark-twisted comedy about an opportunist who will use anyone, including his wife, to get what he wants.

This is our first attempt at a short and we know there is plenty to improve upon. We would really appreciate some feedback. You can view it here:

http://www.vimeo.com/10622061

Thanks and please leave some feedback.

Last edited:
Not bad for a first time and its a good start. Story wise your script needed a lot more work. A lot of the scenes were filled with too much dialogue that didn't help move the plot along. As the saying goes, "action is character" and the majority of the film was characters talking rather than doing something. Production wise it was okay. The visuals can only be as good as the script calls for. My first project was the same, heavy on dialogue and less cinematic. It would have been helpful to "see" the plot via action than to "hear" it via dialogue.

My last comment is not meant to be rude but I didn't find it humorous until a few lines at the end. It said it was a dark comedy but I didn't really get that feel. It felt more like a dark drama than anything. Keep it up though and you can only improve on it!. Good job!

Back